ahhhhh daily mail give it a rest *yawn* !!!

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if the daily mail isn't banging on about non existent snow then it is slagging off benefit claimants, you can tell a newspaper is on its way out when it keeps repeating the same old rubbish!

give it rest daily mail, your tiresome and boring now *yawn*

its funny how nothing is said in this article about MP's and bankers who are the real scroungers with their expenses, bonuses etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2289593/More-20-everyones-income-tax-goes-straight-benefits-sparking-fresh-calls-cuts-welfare.html

Edited by joeski

isnt is strange that they forgot to put the amount for pensions on

pensions are about twice the amount as benefits and might have changed the perspective

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Has any one notice advt. in daily mail mainly for disabled people i.e high chair -hearing aids- mobility scooter etc. and yet daily mail always against benefits

if we disabled people do not support daily mail advertiser then daily mail is doom

i do not buy any thing from daily mail advertiser

Yes it was amusing that they call for welfare to be cut but at the same time help with rising living costs. That one lost me.

Also they (probably deliberatly) fail to mention JSA is only a tiny part of the welfare budget.

The question did the government tell them to print this story so joe bloggs is onside for next welfare announcement, or is the paper itself initiated this to try and push the government in that direction.

Also the quesiton as well, why does the paper feel it wrong for those able to help those not able, as that story pretty much says that statement.

Also how can income tax expenditure be fairly broke down?

Overall government spend is much higher as is other taxes such as VAT and corp tax plus overall spending is higher than all taxes. Do they just pick and choose what to put in the income tax income?

Edited by worried33

The fact that those on benefits also pay tax is often missed ...

Indeed. Some benefits are taxable too. I can't remember the figure off the top of my head; but I seem to remember that quite a few who claim HB are working.

Indeed. Some benefits are taxable too. I can't remember the figure off the top of my head; but I seem to remember that quite a few who claim HB are working.

is there anything this useless goverment wouldn't tax?!

How much does the conflicts in areas like Afghanistan and other places cost the British taxpayer every year? Not forgetting where there is no conflict but we have troops. How much are we giving away in grants or loans to various other countries every year. How much do we pay the EU each year? Lastly how much does it cost to fund the NI, Welsh and Scottish parliamenst every year? I would imagine that we could save billions?

HB is not a taxable benefit, but you are correct that many people who claim it are working. In fact, I believe that only around 12% of claimants are unemployed. The rest are pensioners, sick or disabled, or working on low wages. Most new claims are made by those who are employed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

what seems to be missing in all this debate is everyone is starting to talk like the government quoting the welfare bill.

I am of the opinion that state benefits are an inherent right considering people have paid into it through national insurance contributions. The national health service is the same.

Welfare i would class as home help, meals on wheels, social services, housing benefit etc

To class the national expenditure of benefits, and label it as welfare is again disguising the real issue, and vastly distorting the real figures in which the welfare bill to the country is vastly superior to what the country spends on social security payments

The Daily Wail (or Fail) as I like to call it thinks it is the mouthpiece of Middle England - well its idyllic Middle England died with the onset of the Second World War.

Also as I like to say, "There are lies, damn lies, statistics and Daily Mail statistics!"

They love including Council Tax benefit (which goes direct to the council in most cases) and Housing Benefit (which goes to the landlord) in their ludicrous claims that people on benefit have x amount to spend - try getting £142 a fortnight for 2 years and then come back and say I live a life of riley on it!

The problem is people buy it by the truckload. Don't you believe it,middle England is alive and well and blaming everything on immigration,benefits and the subversive elements. They pander to peoples fears and prejudices. I am sorry to say they do it extremely well.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .