job centre plus, nasty manager

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother has been really having a hard time in his local job centre. They are nothing more than dictatorial obnoxious &%$"*.

I make that statement as i have proof by way of covert recordings made through a ball point pen with an AV attachment that i lent him. These people really do think they are god in breaching a multitude of primary legislation either through ignorance, or performance management techniques.

Over the last eight weeks, he has made numerous attempts to request an appointment with a department manager over his treatment at the hands of the benefit staff, all requests were declined.

Based on the evidence collated, i hit the computer and typed up an official complaint as to the departments own complaints procedure. when he went into the employment office today, he handed the letter over to the lady on reception and waited to be called to have his monthly interview.

During the interview, the office manager came over and said that the compalint will be discussed when his interview had finished.

This interview with the department manager was supposed to be the first tier in the departments complaints resolution procedure. This manager was more interested in protecting and standing up for his department staff rather than dealing with the issues of the complaint, and constantly brow beats my brother with the tone and posture of this manager. The upshot was that he has requested a typed up response as to the content of the meeting. ( the manager was shocked at that request)

The manager has stated that statement (minutes) will be ready when he next signs on. well they are given 15 days on the compalints resolution first stage. If he is not satisfied with that response then the complaint wil be elevated to tier two,

Director General of Operations for theDepartment for Work and Pensions.

The point i am making in all of this is how did we become as a society so numb where this policy is accepted as the norm. It would be wrong for me to blame all benefit staff as most are probably hard working and compassionate, but the front line staff on these videos is the clearest indication yet of an endemic process driven by policy and/or performance management techniques.

Edited by squaddie