3 mobile default have I got a case ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to the site and just wanted some advice.

I had a 3 mobile contract which I ended 3 years ago at the end of an 18 month contract.

I ended it by calling up and telling them that I was leaving and the reason was that their service was poor due to poor signal and problems with voicemails.

I then cancelled my direct debit and thought nothing of it but

I have since found out that I have a default for £82 which lowell have taken over and I have since paid in full.

I emailed 3 complaints and have had many conversations with them but they will not remove the default.

They are saying that the default is a true reflection of the account and that it was not logged that I ever called up complaining.

I disputed this and asked for all itemized bills over the duration of the contract which I have since received.

After looking over them I have found 2 calls made to them to make a card payment but nothing to 3 customer services

although I could have called from a landline but I don't recall.

My point is that I had spoke to them but I don't think they logged the calls which is their mistake.

They say that they have no logged calls from me but I can prove I have rang up on 2 occasions

and that they never logged the calls which highlights that they can make mistakes.

I also do not remember getting a default notice from them as at the time I was working away

and the letters may not have been passed on to me by my mother.

The default that is on my account is now 3 years old and I would really like it removed.

"Deep Breath"

After looking through all the numerous bills I have noticed another massive mistake on their part,

they have sent me some other persons phone bill with all their details on as well as all the persons call logs etc which I find very naughty.

So the question is with the above information do I stand a chance of getting this thing removed ?

Stay off the phone.

You would certainly have a cause to complain to the ICO for their data breach, you need to enter their laughable complaints procedure and inform them of their epic fail in sending you someone elses data, they will probably ask for it to be returned, but contact the ICO first.

As for the default on your file, does it say 'settled'?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The companys' error in sending you someone elses bill does not affect your bill or the quries on it.

The account is a service contract not a regulated credit agreement so DN is not needed.

I'm afraid this just goes to show that cancelletions by phone are not to be relied upon, many service agreements state cancellation in writting.

If you cancelled the DD before you received a final bill the default is correct.

Final Question, Answer No.

A plea for a gesture of '' good will'' might get the deafult marked satisfied but that's all.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They say that the default will be marked as settled in the next 30 days. If I can prove I made calls to them via landline and they did not log the call will this help or am I chasing shadows.

I feel hard done by after paying all 18 monthly payments and suffering the poor service from 3 all I have to show is a default.

I can understand that!! We all can fall foul of Ts&Cs especially in service agreements but the emphasis is always read what you are signing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

They say if I prove I complained about the service they will look in to removing it but I never put it in writing at the time so looks like I have no chance.

They say if I prove I complained about the service they will look in to removing it but I never put it in writing at the time so looks like I have no chance.

Yes you are correct.

sar them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Drew,

Your best hope would be to speak face to face to an authoritative person with the discretionary powers to remove the default.

They're being malicious if they don't, considering the damage the default can cause.

Good luck.

Richard.