familymac

aaaarrrggghhhh

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4651 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there people, I just have a small question. I live in scotland and am approaching the stage where i take court action against my bank (having sent them the 1st 2 l.b.a.'s). Can anyone answer my question....although i live in scotland my branch of the Halifax bank is in Gillingham, Kent. As the Scottish small claims court only goes up to £750 and summary causes only to £1,500, can I enter my claim in the small courts in england (i think they deal with claims up to £5,000 and mine is for £3,489) with my branch being in england. If not i will have to take 3 seperate summary causes out 1 afetr the other and this seems very long and dragged out!

Help please.

p.s. I love this website & have told all of my friends about it...finally people interested in helpinh honest hardworking civilians on the wrong side of their banks..FAB!!

Keep reading!!!

You can, but IF it goes to court, you'll have to go to Kent.

BoS:- D P A sent 09/06 Prelim. request 29/06 £1755 plus interest

1st claim Filed 5/10/06 SETTLED 19/10 £747.80 plus £534.31 interest

If not i will have to take 3 seperate summary causes out 1 afetr the other and this seems very long and dragged out!

After the first case is settled, they generally settle any subsequent claims quite quickly, 4-5 weeks max i'd reckon.

Good Luck

S