BankFodder BankFodder

littlesimongeorge

First Capital Connect - Annual Season Ticket Refund/changeover

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2584 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys,

Occasional reader and browser of site.

I wonder if any of you good people have had any experience with First Capital Connect and changeovers/refunds and how long it took to receive the funds.

Background info:

I moved from London into Bedfordshire and purchased an annual season ticket for Arlesey to London zones 2 to 6 at a cost of £3876.00 starting on 7th September 2012 to 6th September 2013.

I used the season ticket loan policy at my workplace and I’m paying £323 per month.

I’m now moving back into London and will need to do a changeover and claim a refund for the difference in cost. I will be handing the ticket back on March 22. I’m hoping the money will arrive at my workplace by 28th April as I really can’t afford to have £323 deducted from my account as I will have rent to pay that month.

Has anyone else been in a similar position? If so, what would you advise? Are there any tricks to speed up the process? A letter from my employer perhaps?

Regards

Sorry, not something that I have knowledge of I'm afraid but no doubt some of the other regulars will be along soon :-)

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.

Nothing you can do to speed it up. There are hundreds, if not thousands of other people who will be waiting for refunds/changeovers.

You won't get much back though!

An annual is calculated based on 10 months, with 2 months "free".

Your ticket only has a value until 7th July, so your refund will be be from the 22nd March, to the 7th July, so around "base rate" 3.5 months.

The minus an admin fee.

You will probably end up with around £1300 to put towards your new season.

Usually takes around 28 days to apply for a refund, which will probably be issued by cheque.

Changeover procedures are different, and although the amount will work out near enough the same, you should speak to the station IN ADVANCE of going in for a changeover. If your new season is cheaper, depending on local procedures, they may arrange for a cheque to be sent out to you, again, within 28 days, or they may be able to credit your bank account, but I think cheque is more likely.

Edited by firstclassx