1st credit limited letter..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,I am new to the site so thought i would put this on the welcome forum see how it gets on, the thing is 7 yr ago i was declared bankrupt then i have been discharged after awhile. i have had no credit what so ever since the bankruptcy and all my debts were written of with the bankruptcy, i have recently moved to a new place and out of the blue 1st credit limited have sent me this letter asking me to get into contact with them for personal reasons and to phone one number if i am the name on the letter which i am and another if i'm not, should i contact these people as it has been 7 yr since my bankruptcy, i have read that some people say contact them and others say don't bother, this isn't helping me at all as i have recently been put on antidepressants and counseling for personal reasons..I thought i was picking up a bit but this has knocked me for six again what should i do about these people.i have no credit now not even a catalogue,should i phone them and see what they want or ignore the letter,like some other people have been told...

Thread moved the Debt Collection forum.

If it were me I would wait until they contact you in writing and let you know what this is about.

You are under no obligation to call them.....let them put what they have to say in writing.

• Confused 1

If they do make contact with you, then you should simply refer to them to the administrator of your bankruptcy. Any debts you had should have been hoovered up into that and if you have had no debts since then there should be nothing to worry about.

1st credit have been buying up a lot of RBS/Halifax accounts, so is it likely you had an account with either of those prior to the BR.

Just come back and let us know if you hear any more from them.

But DONT telephone them, especially if you are feeling a bit vulnerable at the moment.

• Confused 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I will let you know if they send anymore letters .not had any rbs accounts or Halifax, just a barclays about 8 yr ago thanks for helping so far, dont know how they got my new address only moved just before xmas....

It could be they have a wrong trace, it has happened.

I am not sure how else they would have your new address - could possibly be via utitilities or perhaps an update on your credit files for the electoral roll ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hi,

i wrote a couple of weeks ago about this company contacting me about a debt from 2006 that i do not owe as it was part of my bankruptcy settlement back in 2007

they are still hounding me,

it seems like its a different company every year,

they say i owe £198.oo but as i say this was cleared with my bankruptcy

why do they contact me about it

i was told last time i sent a post to ignore the letter, as i know i don't owe it,

this morning i got another one with a payment plan and a slip of how to pay,

should i contact these people and say it was part of my bankruptcy or just ignore them again,

it is starting to get me down as i do not have any debt now not even a catalogue,

just these people pestering me

what should i do about them

i don't want to phone as i know they will start hounding me by phone,

i still have my bankruptcy form and my bankruptcy discharge forms,

Hi Tammy,

1st Credit it seems like to disregard anything that disputes their claims so send this by Recorded Dleivery addressed to:

Gavin Flynn

Head of Collections

Ist Credit Ltd.

The Omnibus Building

Lesbourne Road

Reigate

Surrey

RH2 7JP

Date xx xx xxxx

Ref; As on their letters.

Dear Mr. Flynn,

I refer to a letter from 1st Credit dated xx x xxxx in which 1st Credit allege that I owe a debt for £198.00 please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to 1st Credit.

I am now formally stating that this debt does NOT exist as it was subject to my bankruptcy in xx xxxx therefore I have no liability for this and NO payment will be made.

I now require 1st Credit to cease processing all data relating to me and to remove it from its records, if 1st Credit Continue to harass me for payment of this non existant debt I WILL seek redress and will make a complaint to the OFT regarding the companys conduct in this matter together with a comment on the fitness of 1st Credit to hold a consumer credit licence.

1st Credit WILL inform me in writting within 7 days of the date of this letter that these instructions have been complied with.

For information this document is sent by RM recorded delivery and receipt will be checked.

I enclose proof of my Bankruptcy for your education and information.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hi, i have just had another letter today from 1st credit limited saying it is from barclays bank debt i think its referring to a littlewoods catalogue account, this was part of my bankruptcy in 2006 and i was discharged from bankruptcy in 2008, why are they still hounding me. today they sent a letter with a payment plan and a giro receipt how to pay, i do not owe this as it was cleared with my bankruptcy what should i do now i was told to ignore the last letter, should i now contact them i don't want to phone them as they Will just hound me by phone, should i send them my bankruptcy information and the court that delt with it, or just a letter,as i say i do not have any debt now not even a catalogue and i looked on my experian and i am clear and a good credit score, so why do they have details of this debt.

oh, wow you don't mess about, if that doesn't tell them nothing will im glad i found this web site you should advertise on tv i bet there are loads of people not knowing were to turn,i will let you know the outcome,i will copy the letter word for word and see how we get on big thanks for your help..

Hi Tammy, Tell always never ask a DCA !!

Yes please keep us up to date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yes, if you just provide the details of your Bankruptcy then that should get them off your back. Only write to them, do NOT telephone.

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

hi,

in march i wrote about first credit limited and copied a letter from this post word for word,

they did not however reply to me in the 7 days that i told them to but within 12 days,

and all i have had in return is a one line letter saying,

thank you for your recent correspondence your letter has been passed to the appropriate department

and they shall respond in due course.

yours faithfully

Gavin Flynn.

and that was dated the 9 th of April.

and i have had no word since

so fingers crossed that did the job but i will keep in touch if anything changes.

thanks for your help guys....

hi,tammy,

Notoriously slow are 1st Crud when they get letters that ''upset'' their little world of assumption the they are always right.

Looks ok but please come back if anything crops up!

will do,

im glad i found this web site and recommended to others

i wouldn't of known what to do,

was getting upset with the threats and letters,

and yes I think they were a bit miffed with what i sent them

or should i say the information i was advised to send them, a

s even without talking to them could tell buy the letter they weren't happy.

but they say what goes around comes around,

just hope they don't come around to pestering me to soon.

.thanks for help and info...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

thought I would let you know that I received an apology letter from 1st credit,

they said they were not informed by the people they bought the debt from that it was part of my bankruptcy

and should not have been passed to 1st credit ltd.

they were blaming the people they got the information from,

At least its all sorted out now, but I have kept all there letters just in case,

once again thank you for your help with sorting it out,:-)

Don't suppose you have any ideas on how to get the council to put a dropped kerb near our bungalows

as we have to go two streets before we find one as we use wheelchairs,

I have sent two emails that have just been ignored..

just thought id ask may be someone out there in the know...:|

contact your MP

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

they said they were not informed by the people they bought the debt from that it was part of my bankruptcy

At least its all sorted out now, but I have kept all there letters just in case,

Don't suppose you have any ideas on how to get the council to put a dropped kerb near our bungalows

That is good news you have 1st credit off your back :) You might want to make a complaint to the OFT. Just let them know that you were pestered by 1st credit for a debt that had been hovered into a BR. 1st credit have now advised you that they hadn't been told by the Original Creditor. This would mean the creditor - who almost certainly knew of the BR have been naughty in selling the debt on.

As for your dropped kerbs. - Local Authority, Highway Department and your MP :)

BCOBS

Hi,

Hello Tammy, that's a good result, excellent in fact!!

For the dropped curb the CEO of the local authority is good place to start, I am surprised that these are not in place already, seem to remember that councils were given a certain amount of time to put the dropped ramps on all junctions, even on our small villages roads this has been in place for some years.

I don't think it appropriate to jump to MPs or CEOs until you have exhausted the correct procedure.

You should contact your council,s Access Officer. In my experience they are always most helpful. Councils have a statutory obligation to provide dropped, tactile kerbs if you report the need. They won't appear overnight but you should complain to your councillor if you are not satisfied with the time it is taking.

May i respectfully suggest that in future if you want to write on a separate topic, you start a new thread, so as to catch more readers? I doubt if most debt collection enthusiasts are into disability access matters, and v.v.

Good luck with the kerbs and pls post back to say how you got on.

Oleg.

It is most certainly MOST appropriate to start as high up the ladder as soon as possible, as so often with local ''authorities one is pushed from pillar to post by those who cannot act and have to pass the matter up the chain any way.

This has in now way affected the OPs thread on which the ''problem' was sorted by going to the TOP to get the desired result.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

hi, thanks for info on ramps have sent a letter to mp as yet no reply..and also sent two emails to the ceo one in march and another in may..looks like i'm just been ignored..never mind..been told by a friend to get onto local papers but not sure about that one..i'll keep trying ...thanks again..:violin:

I agree, start at the top (or their deputy).

In fact, if you can obtain several names then use the scatter gun approach and send a copy to as many people as you can within the organisation !

BCOBS

The whole point of an Access Officer is to assist disabled people's access. I have extensive experience of working with them and have found them invariably to take pride in their job and to be keen to help.

It is definitely inappropriate to start at the top. If the correct procedures fail (in this case requesting kerbs via the Access Officer), then of course one can take the matter higher, but where would we stand if, every time we wanted something of a local authority, we began with the CEO? The council would be unable to function.

Tammy, I hope you get accessible kerbs installed without delay.

I also hope your MP pays more attention to constituents' complaints than mine does - but that's another matter.