PCN from Vehicle Control Services Limited - What should I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I recently received a PCN whilst pulled over at Liverpool Airport, I have done some research and the general opinion seems to be ignore them however I wonder if these apply more strictly at airports?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

nope

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ignore no diff

there are no speial rules in an airport

still private land

as for the DCA

they are NOT BAILIFFS

so have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

any doorstepper can simply be told to leave your property

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok now I have received a text from Mackenize Hall (debt recovery), Anyone have any dealings with these they can shed some light on?

Perhaps the process they use so I know what to expect next?

Thanks in advance everyone

I have no idea and I am reluctant to phone them and ask them... To be fair though if you have my name it isn't hard to find as my details are on linkedin etc for career reasons etc so I can only assume that is how, bit naughty though if that is the case I would think... Borders on harrasment does it not?

I have no idea and I am reluctant to phone them and ask them... To be fair though if you have my name it isn't hard to find as my details are on linkedin etc for career reasons etc so I can only assume that is how, bit naughty though if that is the case I would think... Borders on harrasment does it not?

Not really.

Ok, can you elaborate? Is that not an invasion of privacy if they are to go looking for my details published only for professional reasons on sites such as linkedin to try and contact me for this?

I don't claim to know the in's & out's but I am hoping you do :)

They believe you owe them a debt.

We believe you don't.

Only a judge can decide which is the actual reality.

Until then, they can ask for it.

A text is a reasonable way to ask.

They can decide to take you to court for the debt.

You can decide to counter claim harrassment, or you could decide to go straight to court anyway, and claim you believe you're being harassed.

The only ever claims that have been reported successful though, have been after a judge has ruled there was no debt, and it was still pursued though.

You could also tell them to cease contact, and to pursue you in court now, that would give you a better position to claim from them, if they simply carry on. They would have to counterclaim in their defence though.

muckyhall

thats rare for a PPC speculative invoice

dx

and they

Debt collection is an exemption from many of the DPA constraints so they may trawl or gather information by various methods.However, the bugbear in all of this is that the debt is not real so the exemption doesnt apply.Try telling the ICO that and they wont listen properly and just tell you that debt collection is exempt......

Continue to ignore and put the number on your reject list if you can.

Debt collection is an exemption from many of the DPA constraints so they may trawl or gather information by various methods.However, the bugbear in all of this is that the debt is not real so the exemption doesnt apply.Try telling the ICO that and they wont listen properly and just tell you that debt collection is exempt......

Continue to ignore and put the number on your reject list if you can.

Equally the debt is real to the other party. So the exception applies, and you'll have to see them in court to prove it either way.

I agree with the ignore, but don't delete it.