Fixed Penalty Notice :s

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just want people's advice - today driving to work and traffic was horrendous like any other day ( yes i could have left earlier ) - there is a bus route during the journey which cuts out probably 20mins journey time and I thought ok I'd give it a shot. Low and behold police were there stopping cars which took this route and subsequently I got a £30 fixed penalty notice - on the actual notice itself the police officer got my car details incorrect, because I drive a Alfa Romeo GT and he mistaken it for a VW Sirrocco. Do I have a case to get it over turned? (before people start slating me I know I was in the wrong originally), just want advice please.Al

No, a mistake on a FPN won't give you a defence to the underlying charge - you were driving a car of one sort or another on a bus route, and that's all they have to prove. And if you challenged it and lost you'd be in line for a much bigger fine (maximum £1000 off the top on my head, in practice maybe a couple of hundred) and costs on top. So for the sake of £30 I suggest you just pay it. I have a mate who comes to work along a country lane which is closed to everything but buses for historical reasons. He's worked out that it's cheaper to pay the £30 on the one day a year that the police enforce it than it is to pay for the extra petrol the three mile detour would add to his daily commute.

As above. But I would of been insulted if my Alfa GT had been mistaken for a VW Scirocco! :mad2:

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.