Vodafone debt/fpc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i am posting this for a friend who has a problem very old debt abt 5yrs 8 months old now getting harrassed by fpc I beleive that no payments have been made on this account for the time stated above.

Original debt was abt £300 they are chasing her for nearly £1600 do i need to do her an CCA request first.

Would welcome some advice please.

TTS

Hi TTS,

Thanks for making me aware of your friend's concerns.

If they'd like me to get this looked into further could you ask them to email me with their details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent they'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to them as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 8 months later...

Hello I am new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post my query of if I need to start a new topic anyhow this is the situation.

My friend had a two year contract with Vodafone and her monthly bill was supposed to be £36 for 600 minutes calls per month.

The contract was started in April 2012.

By June 2013 she was forced to stop paying her monthly Vodafone bills by cancelling her direct debit.

The reason for this is that she was billed well over the agreed £36 per month and was convinced that she was being wrongly billed

as she was not using up the full 600 minutes each month.

And the amount she was billed by Vodafone was more than she could afford so had no choice but to stop paying Vodafone.

She asked Vodafone for an explanation of the high monthly fees

but got no explanation and she did not receive any paper work of breakdown of phone call charges etc.

In Oct 2013 she received a letter from FPC debt collection service asking her to pay the outstanding balance of £240 or her contract would be terminated.

She has not agreed to pay this sum because she feels that she has been overcharged by Vodafone for phone usage.

I will just add here that she has since been with a different pay as you go network and definitely does not use 600 minutes of call time per month.

I know that this is of no use to anyone in court but still important.

She dragged her feet regarding responding to FPC and

has since received a second letter where FPC wrote that they are very disappointed that she did not pay the outstanding balance and state the following:

Your service will be disconnected in November 2013 unless payment is received.

You balance may increase as a result of termination fees.

Your balance WILL increase as a result of administration fees.

Your credit file and ability to obtain credit may be affected.

Can anyone please give some sound advice.

She is on very low income with no savings and two young kids.

Thank you

She needs to contact vodafone and ask for copies of her data specifically her contract and statements of accounts,

copies of monthly usage, tariifs etc.

She will probably need to do this as a Subject Acess Request under the DPA

and there is a maximum charge of £10 for supplying the information and it must be in a legible form.

She should also write to them and FPC saying the account is in disputea nd she wont be paying anything until this has been resolved.

Look for SAR in the library, me just writing it should produce a link

Hi David,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If your friend would like any help from me with this could you ask her to email me with her details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent she'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure I get it could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to her as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Lee,

Thank you for taking charge of this matter and for putting Miss H's case on hold for a couple of weeks.

I attach a copy of the letter sent to to Vodafone customer support prior to your offer to assist. With reference number: complaint [#5254479]

Although you have kindly offered to forward copies of her outstanding bills, please note that on that letter Miss H…. requests the following: "my contract and statements of accounts, copies of monthly usage and charges and dates the money was withdrawn from my bank account. (all in legible form)" and she would like the above documents commencing from beginning of contract.

She informs me that she has recently received two letters form Vodafone: 1st dated 25th Nov requesting payment of £150.78 late payment fee.

And on the second letter dated 1st December requesting payment of £475.26 within 14 days or Vodafone threatens to register her account as bad debt. And to instruct a debt collection agency to collect payment on their behalf.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

David

Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to the recent letter from FPC Debt Collection Agency reference number VOD/13XXXX I would like to point out that I am disputing this claim and the demand for payment for the sum of £243.82.

It is my contention that I have repeatedly been overcharged by Vodafone for phone usage. Because of this I had no option other than to rapidly terminate payments to your billing department.

Although I have requested on several occasions (by phone) for you to send me a hard copy of my monthly phone usage and charges I have not received any documents from you to date.

As I need these documents to ascertain the validity of your phone charges additional to the agreed monthly tariff of £36 I would like to exercise my statutory rights to obtain a subject access request under the Data Protection Act. Specifically: my contract and statements of accounts, copies of monthly usage and charges and dates the money was withdrawn from my bank account. (all in legible form)

Yours sincerely