please help! wanting to move out asap

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi y'all - read some great advice - but need some of your own wisdom

heres the scenario - i am a tenant - had a assured shorthold tenancy started feb 2009 - never renewed - now presumably i am on a periodic tenancy - the original tenancy ran calendar monthly although i have always paid weekly by standing order

i have found new accomodation as house is currently for sale

how much notice must i give? four weeks ?a calendar month ? a week?

they hold a deposit which they cannot afford to repay but have agreed to allow me to continue rent free to pay it back

i am also worried about landlord changing locks / entering without my permission - if they do is it a criminal offence?

sorry about the questions just need some sound advice - many thanks :)

During SPT, Ts NTQ or LL s21 must be served (received) in writing on/by end of 1 T period to expire at end of next rel T period (1TP for T, 2 for LL).

If your AST states rent payable in advance per cal month and T commenced 1 Apr 12 for 6 month FT the SPT commenced 1 Oct 12 and the tenancy period starts on 1st of month and ends on last day of month.

Date actual rent paid and frequency is not relevent.

T NTQ once served is irrevocable but LL cannot enter without permission or change locks until your valid NTQ has expired.

Deposit in lieu of final rent sounds attractive, but get LL to agree in writing, after physical inspection, before final day, that he has no cause to claim for T damage or rent owing.

Mariner you seem to know tenancy regulations pretty well but in all your replies you assume that we all know what NTQ AST T SPT means. I do know what some of them mean but I bet the person asking the questions don't.

NTQ - notice to quit

AST - assured tenancy?

SPT?

S21?

1 TP for T?

Thanks

scotgal 

Apologies for abbreviations, but most are in general usage on LL & T forums

I am not a professional typist and prefer a memo format to reduce length of replies.

Maybe this forum could supply list of common abbreviations as a 'sticky' for ref?