Whiplash claims against me - I was 300 miles away.

jellywobbly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings Caggers. I wonder if any of you can give some sound advice.

In October, 3 claims arrived in the post from solicitors acting on behalf of 3 people claiming whiplash injuries. They say I hit their car, and that it was my fault. The driver has put a different reg number from mine (one digit different), but the 2 passangers have put down my reg number. My insurance company appear to be dealing with this properly as a case of "mistaken identity", but the whole thing is going slowly. The solicitors acting for the 3 claimants do not seem to want to drop this - I presume because they are hoping the insurance company will give up and pay out. I was at home, 300 miles away from the scene of this alleged accident and have supplied my insurer with as much proof of this as I can. My "allaby" is not cast iron, but I can proove I was at home 8 hours either side of the incident.

I don't know anything about any claim for damge to vehicles, though I suspect this could be relevent.

I had to renew my policy today and have had to pay £200 extra due to this (loss of no claims), though they say they will refund when the case is solved. Hmmm...

I'm thinking of counter-sueing, or at least threatening such actions directly to the claimants or their solicitors for loss of money, time and stress incurred, but will keep my insurers informed if I do so. I am also thinking of contacting the police and reporting a fraudulant claim which this may be.

I am (this is perhap less relevent) totally cheesed off that 3 people who seem to want new flat-screen TVs and a company of ambulance-chasers are affecting my otherwise peaceful and happy life!

Thanks in advance...

Let your insurers handle it. If you have proof it was not you, then give your insurers it. Don't take any action yourself until you know the outcome of the official report.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The Insurers will often ask for a description of the driver of your vehicle from the third parties, speak to your Insurers and suggest they do this and offer to send in a photograph or yourself and any other named drivers along with a description so they can compare.

They may also arrange a forensic engineer to check whether your car has any signs of damage / repaired damage in the areas of the car allegedly damaged in the accident, again advise your Insurers your happy to cooperate with them on this.