Lowell Portfolio - trying to collectWF debt from 2003

neil6534
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not sure if this is in the correct place

...lowell have 2 debts of mine which i am trying to arrange a payment plan with,

but whilst on the phone to them they also stated i had an other loan which dates back to 2003

- can they chase me for this, can they add this back onto my credit file?

Thread moved to the Debt Collection forum.

So this loan from 2003....when was the date yu last made a payment to the account or acknowledged it in writing?

Have you checked your credit file recently and does it show on there?

These other two debts that you mention....can you tell us the history of those please as there may be something you can about those too.

Yes please give us more info on the other debts, and why you would ever dream of setting up a payment plan with lowlifes.

As for them re-entering this 2003 debt to your credit file, no they can't, unless you defaulted within the last six months?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

the other 2 debts are with;

capital one - although I will be questioning this one

the other one which I didn't know about is with The Associates - I cant remember ever speaking to anyone about this loan, over the phone or in writing and def have not spoken to anyone within the last 6 years regarding it

neither capital one or the associates appear on my credit file with experian or equifax

as for setting up a payment plan, well this is to get my credit back to a reasonable place - i have no choice unless i want a crap credit file and am happy to get things sorted

So if your saying its more than 6 years then it wont be on your credit file. This is Statue Barred and they are just chancing their arm hoping to get a payment out of something which they are not legally entitled to do so. Send them the statue barred letter from the templates library. These clowns tried this on me but for a debt I had paid off

The Associates - I think they may have been car finance - I vaguely recall having a finance on a car many years ago. I Did find this:

We regularly receive inquiries from people trying to find The Associates, a finance company which consisted of various companies including "Associates Housing", "Associates Finance", "Associates Financial Services" and "Associates Home Equity Service Inc." (formerly known as Ford Consumer Finance Co. Inc.).

HSH Associates has no connection to any of those companies -- they companies were purchased by an arm of Citibank years ago.

If you need to get in touch with CitiFinancial regarding a lien from any of 'The Associates' subsidiaries, use this address:

right the.....spoke to lowells and capital one dates back to 2006 and the associates dates back to 2003 and both will be removed from their database, will not be added to my credit file as both are statute barred......thats another £1600 I dont have to worry about

as for the welcome finnace loan I have I just have to accept it and get on with repaying it -

a word of caution for anyone looking to pay off debts - if you reach an agreement for a settlement figure that is less than the debt then this will show on your credit file as partially satisfied - if you pay the whole debt this is better as shows as fully settled

as for the welcome finance loan I have I just have to accept it and get on with repaying it -

It would be worth you looking into this more closely. Unless I've missed something then this is the first mention of Welcome Finance?

Who said you have to accept it and carry on paying it?

You may well find that this account is littered with charges which could be reclaimed. I take it you have no information on this loan, i.e. the agreement and statements? If you haven't I would SAR Welcome to get them.

Lowells will be confirming everything in writing re the statute barred debts - i already have copies of the original WF loan agreement and all is correct, also have list of charges which equates to next to nothing

if i do nothing about the WF loan then I would have to wait to at least 2016 before it becomes statute barred, if i do nothing they could take me to court, if i do nothing they could send the bailiffs in, if i do nothing my credit worthiness remains very poor...........

however if i do something, they do not take me to court and slowly but surely my credit worthiness improves with each repayment made!!!

Ignoring debts, as I have found, is not the best option, they will catch up with you, they will make your life hell, they may make you depressed to the point of dispair

No one would suggest that you ignore debts that are legitimate but most people would surely want to have a refund of unlawful penalties and associated interest so that they are paying the correct amount.

Most people would also take the view that Lowell are not to be trusted and would write to them confirming the SB status of the other two accounts rather than wait for Lowell to write to them.

Your call though.

Thats a very good point...i will write to them re the 2 sb accounts to hurry them up.....they already emailed me copies of the original agreement and charges, tbo the charges are very low...i didnt have to go down SAR route at all, i just asked them and they emailed them over

thanks again for the help re the statute barred debts....they will try and get them but no joy thanks to you guys

if it went to court and i still didnt pay i presume they can send the bailiffs in......however it still doesnt take away the fact that my creditfile is ruined by an unpaid debt and paying it off will only improve it

I'm not quite sure where your getting your info from Neil, but from what you say you seem to believe all the rubbish these send you.

"IF" it went to court, then you would be able to defend it.

"IF" it went to court, then you would be able to tell the 'judge' NOT a tin pot outfit what you will pay.

"IF" it went to court, and you didn't turn up to defend it, and they won a judgement by default AND you failed to make any payments toward the judgement, then ONE of the options available to them is to send county court certified bailiffs, and even then, you are under no legal obligation to allow them entry to your property.

Your credit file is trashed and will be for the next six years, regardless whether you pay or not.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Your credit file is trashed and will be for the next six years, regardless whether you pay or not.

Bazooka Boo it may be for longer than that.

if neil is in a payment plan and his cra file is marked AR (payment arrangement or arrangement to pay) then that marker stays on his file for 6 years after the account is settled.

and is looked at as being worse than a default .

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

dont understand how an AR can be worse than a default as it clearly shows repayments of the debt and the debt reducing on a monthly basis - and then when it is paid off, although it stays on my account for 6 years it will show the debt paid in full

AR shows a delinquent account being paid off at a reduced rate and is not necessarily removed after 6 years as a default is, the continued placing of AR markers is a clear warning to potential creditors that an individual has difficulties meeting normal payment levels.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Well looks like 2 of my accounts with certain crooked companies who ignore approaches to offers on repayments as change of circumstances and they will not accept as it is not within their rules as the offer of payment are too low, and complete disregard to e-mail telling them to stop acting like children and act like grown ups and respond to complaints/questions. therefore they are not getting anything now and a file of e-mail etc has been kept, i.e. Very & Vanquis.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

If you negotiate a F&F then the account will be closed and drop after 6 years unless it has already been defaulted (as most accounts will have been). Doing this is better than continuing to pay year in and year out at a reduced rate. Unless you have Britanica as a DCA, in which case they'll ignore every attempt at a partial payment, ignore your CCA request, continue to trash your credit file and all you can do is wait until they pass it on to someone or attempt to take you to court or it becomes SB'd. As this is my stalemate I don't know which will come first!