An issue with Sony Computer Entertainment...

Sharkface_What
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello! This is my first post, but I have lurked for some time in admiration at the spirit of compassionate mutuality which is the essence of 'consumer citizenship'. For too long has unscrupulousness been the operating principle of commerce in this country.

Right!

So, I had an inoperational Playstation 3 replaced under warranty by Sony Computer Entertainment UK on the 2nd/1st/2013. The fault with the inoperational console concerned a faulty disk drive, which meant I had a disk lodged inside (namely a copy of Fifa 13). I was assured I would get my disc back within six weeks. This did not happen. I have telephoned their premium rate 'consumer support' call centre several times and on each occasion they have told me they are 'escalating the investigations' into the whereabouts of my lost property.

Now, it is clear to me from the 'progress' of these investigations (of which none is discernable) that SCEUK do not employ any sleuths.

On the last occasion I spoke with them (sometime last week), their agent intimatated to me that 'according to the terms & conditions' my property may never be returned. This seemed remarkably complacent to me. No matter what their 'terms & conditions' state how can I be arbitrarily deprived of my property without recompense, especially when this situation has been created by their robust incompetence?

What is the legal sitution here, considering that technically nothing was bought or sold?

Did you ever get a copy of any terms and conditions when sending your console to them for repair?

I have noticed on their website they give you a guide in how to get a trapped disc out but if it doesn't work, call their customer services for a repair. Don't understand why they would tell you to do this if they weren't going to give you your game back. As it also states not to dismantle your console as it will void your warranty.

Hope someone else can shed some light on what you can do to try and get compensation