deadseabeautykit.com took £100 after 'trail' period - help

moandcubs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm raising this issue for my mother in law to see if anyone can help out.

She saw a promotional advert on Facebook for the mentioned website and clicked on it to be offered 3 items for £2.95. She ordered it clicking that she accepted the terms and conditions etc. 14 days after receiving the items she has had almost £100 charged to her Visa Electron card by the company.

I have looked on the website and it states in very small writing that after 14 days of the "trial" you will be charged for the full cost of £97.95 for the items.

Yet it lists the full cost as £6.95 for 3 small tubs of cream and that you are only paying the cost of postage and packaging.

She has phoned her bank and cancelled her bank card but I am wondering whether the Visa Chargeback process would work in this situation?

All she received was the 3 small tubs priced at £6.95 on the website, but yet she did click that she accepted the terms and conditions to be charged £97.95 after 14 days if she didn't cancel the trial.

There is a form page on the website where you can contact them to cancel such orders and she has tried it but there is no indication that the form is actually sent to them once you click to send.

yes do a chargeback.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I have been caught up in this [problem] also I rang my credit card co to cancel but £97. was still tkken from my account. card co said they would try chargeback but it hasn't worked so I've lost my money I understand loads of people have been caught out by this company. don't know how else to get money back.

what do you mean chargeback hasn't worked

your back refunds the money not the fleecer!

who's your bank!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A lot of bank workers dont know how to do a chargeback so tell them again. Another wording is claim of indemnity. Basically the bank has promised, by making payment, that everything is as it should be. as in this case it isnt, they are liable to meet your losses. in practice, they get the money back from the crooks but that is not your worry.