Paypal Iqor fraud help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm new to this sort of stuff and unsure of what to do next with my current issue with paypal and Iqor. Any help is much appreciated.

I sold a cricket bat online and received payment via paypal in the form of an e-cheque which I withdrew and spent as normal. I sent the cricket bat with a tracking number to the buyer and all seemed fine, until two months later (Oct 2012) I received an email saying the payment had been reversed to his bank account. So at this point I was £200 out of pocket, as well as a cricket bat.

I rang paypal and said that it was fraudulent as I didn't authorise any payment to leave my account, and they told me that I didn't have to authorise it because the banks have that power. They just kept telling me I owed them £200 which I kept refusing to pay. I then queried their protection and they said that they don't protect any e-cheque payment to which I was rather angry at, even when I told them that this payment which was reversed was fraudulent as I had sold and sent an item to a buyer along with a tracking number.

I then contacted action fraud and told them my situation and they gave me a crime reference number. I haven't heard anything back but they told me that nobody could collect any money from me whilst the case was open with a crime reference number.

I then started receiving payment requests from Iqor a debt collection agency (in dec 2012) telling me that I need to pay the £200 even though I told them that it isn't my fault and I won't be paying because I have done nothing wrong. I told them I have a crime reference number and they went quiet for a few months until a week ago when started ringing daily in the early hours which Is starting to get too much.

I know that it isn't a great deal of money but as a full time student I can't justify paying it, particularly when I know I haven't done anything wrong.

Does anybody have any ideas to what I could do next?

Thanks in advance

Tell the dca to bugger off and the dispute is with the police. remember, the dca have no rights at all and paypal most likely didnt tell them the status of the file.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just ignore, they wont chase it and if they went to court it all says rather dubious. It all sounds rather wrong and you had no protection at all, i dont know much about the status of echeques but something sounds rather wrong here.

I have seen this before. You reach a stalemate situation, where Paypal want you to refund them, because the buyer of an item or someone whose bank account was debited, has got their bank account to reverse a debit. It could be the buyer was unhappy or someone has applied someone elses bank details to obtain the cricket bat.

In your situation, I would just reply to IQor that you have reported this as fraud to the Police Action Fraud( provide the reference) and have been advised not to refund this payment. Tell them that it is up to Paypal and the site you sold the item through to investigate the matter and to issue a full response in writing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread