idem Servicing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i

I really need some advice with dealing with idem.

Had a loan with Lombard taken out in Oct 2007 for 7 years due to complete April 2014.

I missed 1 payment due to death in family in June 2012 who live abroad got a sabbitcal from work

I wasnt home for 4 months to get their letters didnt know I had missed a payment to Lombard

by the time I found out they had passed the debt onto idem servicing having still taken the direct debit payment for july & August !

I have been paying idem the them the same ammount of £297 a month for the last 6 months

Just checked my credit report it is showing as 6 missed payments and the opening balance is the same !

They have now asked me to do an I& E report do i have to do this and how do I deal with the issue of my credit report?

Hi welcome to CAG.

Do not give them your I&E they are not entitled to it, only a judge can ask for it,

I would send the OC a subject access request it costs £10-00 and they have 40 days to respond,

also send a CCA request to IDEM that costs (£1-00) they will only have 12+2 days to repond,

also if you look for the template for the right way to send the requests,

this is in the library section at the top of the page.

Also stay off the phone do not go through security questions, and that you will only communicate in writing,

there is also a letter in the library for that too, once you get all the information people with much better advise will be along to advise you better,

you need to start a paper trail in case they try it on with you.

Never pay a DCA always pay the OC direct, a

ll communication should ideally be sent recorded delivery

then go to the Royal Mail site and save the signature for further use later on

Edited by mikeymack2002

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Original Creditor........Debt Collection Agency.

okay thanks a bunch for responding i will do that I am pretty gutted as it has screwed my credit report and i am really worried that this debt will be affecting both of us as we are looking to re-mortgage in 4 months hubby has excellent credit and I had good credit before this now showing a very poor on experian. how do they get away with this surely if a loan is passed on and you make payments it comes off the debt ?

This is why you never pay a DCA (debt collecting agency)

they will take you money and you will end up out of pocket,

this is called being cashcowed and once that happens the word spreads

please don't pay the DCA keep YOUR money unless it is paid directly to the OC

also for got to add have you received any letter from the OC saying it was being passed on to the DCA

,Are Idem acting as agents or have they bought the debt?

Are there any late fees that have been added if so get reclaiming that too,

letters in the library,

Also sign up for NODDLE a credit reference agency its free for life,

and let us know what it says about the debt IE who owns it and the such...

. good luck with your new morgage and stop paying the DCA pay your creditor directly also did you receive a default notice, and notice of assignment from the OC?

Edited by mikeymack2002

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

typical MO for idem

cancel that DD ASAP.

pay the OC never a dca

get that SAR off.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi all thanks ever so much

i wished i had came here first before stupidly paying idem.

they got me at a very stressful time in my life.

yes i got 4 letters from lombard all asking for the missed payment to bring my account up to date

the fourth one said they were passing to DCA

then I got letter from idem

can i get the 1,800 pounds back I have paid idem

I can ill afford to lose this money and will it mean I am stuck paying lombard for longer sorry for all the questions !

just checked the letter it says idem have bought the debt

checked signed up for noodle it is saying IDem owns the debt and I have missed 6 payments

they are not taking a DD

just a card payment each month

should I call them and ask them why my credit report is showing no payments

- they said it would show payments as long as I didnt miss any ?

Thank them for kindly paying off your debt,

now please get those letters off ASAP, follow advise given and you are in control of YOUR money not them,

dont spend to long in playing letter tennis,

join NODDLE or one of the other CRA's ( credit reference Agencies) get a free one month report or pay the statutory fee of £2-00 and get a report,

and get to understanding what's going on,

after advise from here I have successfully won 19 debts out of 20 and still have just one to go,

and I have'nt parted with a penny,

I too was worried at first but now when I get a letter I smile now,

get all the details and follow up with the information and as DX says dont pay a DCA lol,

also cancel the continuios payment authority, if necessary cancel your card this will stop them from taking YOUR money whenever they want to,

get a new card and never give those details to a DCA EVER AGAIN they can empty your account in seconds

Ps never fone a DCA NEVER GO THROUGH SECURITY always tell them in writing only then hang up,

also the fact the OC sold it means it may be unenforcable,

due to fees PPI and the such when you get your CCA letter read it carefully

they will have to supply a copy of the original if pre 2007 I think,

once you have had your SUBJECT ACCESS REPORT go through all the statements,

get reclaiming those charges it will go to reducing your debt, then come back for more advise

Edited by mikeymack2002

right i will call them and cancel the authorised payment for march april may june and july august as that is what is in place at present I will use the letter templates as suggested how do I pay the OC lombard do I just post cheques to them ? sorry for all the questions

1. Lol its fine i'm new to this too, but since lombard sold the debt to IDEM I believe it changes slightly, if you have to pay IDEM use a postal order do not sign letters it's been known for a DCA to lift them, so therefore do not use a cheque, also do not call them that's what they want, they will LIE to you deceive you and take money off of you, always in writing only, now the thread is up and running now someone will pop along and correct any mistakes I may have made so will watch this as advise is given, to recap
  2. never fone a dca
  3. never go through securtiy
  4. always in writing
  5. always ask for advise

Edited by mikeymack2002

you cancel the CPA with YOUR BANK

then state CLEARLY that they are NOT to honour ANY payment requests from idem

WITHOUT you WRITTEN CONSENT.

follow this up by letter

tell them you card security has been compromised & you wish a new card.

as for the payments

write a STRONGLY worded letter to idem

demanding to know WHERE you pyments have gone

as they have not been coming off the balance according to your cra file.

nor the letter from your bank

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

voluntary forum...

you help where and when you can

dont understand your comment sri...

dx

and they

Its called bullying the debtor not on, once they realise you have knowledge they tend to behave better, and you want to sort out the debt is a good thing for you, the fact you are trying your best is all someone can ask for, and your creditors too, stick to your guns and always know you can come back as things progress take care have a great day now you have the power lol

I would send off the CCA request to IDEM. If they have purchased the debt I would bet they have no paperwork for it and will then have to get in touch with the OC. This will put any collection activity on hold.

please do not worry, like many who come to this site after a few good people provide you with some basic knowledge you will soon realise life with debt is nothing to worry about and is easliy managed.

Good luck Intend

thanks everyone i feel a bit better but still upset that this bad practice is allowed in the uk .. will send letters off first thing and have cancelled the card payment with bank and requested a new card

well i have decided to have some fun with these idiots

this morning I suprisingly received in the post today a full statement

showing all the payments on my loan including the card payments I have made with them since august 2013

and outstanding blanace of £3865 - i requested this last week.

Yet credit report shows £5,947 and 6 missed payaments!!.

Called them this morning

now spoke to x 4 people and a manager is calling me back

as according to them the full amount became payable when they bought the debt from Lombard

and that is the reason why i am showing defaulted 6 missed payments

and the balance remains the same

- what utter idiots even there code of conduct statement on their website states this :

"continue to credit report debts that are reported to credit reference agencies by the debt seller "

t.

. CAA and SAR letter also issued today i am really glad I came to this forum... thanks again

i refer you to post two:

Also stay off the phone do not go through security questions, and that you will only communicate in writing,

dx

and they