confused about letter

stalagtite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I attended a INCAPACITY BENEFIT medical onthe 19th December last year heard nothing until the 5th February this year when DWP rang me to clarify a couple of medcal points, after the conversation the lady told me that she was happy to tell me that I would be transferring to the new benefit (forget the name) she concluded by saying she will be writing to confirm this, and also that I would be requiredd to attend another medical in about a years time.

Heard nothing until yesterday when a P45 came through the post, no covering letter.

Any advice welcome

The P45 I Think is unconnected with the benefit claim.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If transferring from one benefit to another is a seperate account, then I think it could be classed the same as going from one job to another in which case you would get a P45 from the employer you are leaving.

I would think this is good news for you as it means they have ceased the incapacity benefit.

:stalagtite:

Name of the new income replacement benefit is employment and support allowance.

If you've received a P45 (as opposed to a P60 or a coding notice) it indicates that either Jobcentreplus've refused your claim for employment n support or there's been an admin error. I'd advise that you contact your benefit delivery centre to find out what's happening.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Name of the new income replacement benefit is employment and support allowance.

If you've received a P45 (as opposed to a P60 or a coding notice) it indicates that either Jobcentreplus've refused your claim for employment n support or there's been an admin error. I'd advise that you contact your benefit delivery centre to find out what's happening.

Best wishes, Margaret.

I received my p45 when I was put on WRAG

Regardless of the P45 situation; by law, you should've received written notification of your entitlement to employment n support allowance. The only way you're going to know for sure is to chase Jobcentreplus.

Fingers crosssed for good news, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Did you get a letter with the P45? I think that when I went from JSA to ESA, I had my P45 and then another letter stating "your JSA claim has been closed because you're now claiming another benefit". You may get a letter saying similar tomorrow.

I received my p45 when I was put on WRAG from incapacity benefits.

I appealed and stated i should be in support group after 13 months my appeal was heard, i won im in support group now.

You should ring and find out what's happening.

Good luck.

I received my p45 when I was put on WRAG from incapacity benefits.

I appealed and stated i should be in support group after 13 months my appeal was heard, i won im in support group now.

You should ring and find out what's happening.

Good luck.

I have appeal waiting for tribunal dates all supporting document are getting ready

Receipt of P45 is to do with the tax situation, depending on the type and length of previous IB award and the move to ESA.

P45(IB) details

Following reassessment, for all cases, allowed and disallowed, an individual’s Incapacity Benefit will cease and P45(IB) details will be issued by DWP

• Form P45(IB) is issued where we have previously held a primary IB employment
  • Form P45(IB)(O) is issued where the IB amount has previously been coded out
  • For all successful claims, the end date for the IB will be shown as the day before the ESA start date

Here is a HMRC link for more specific information.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/pommanual/paye77210.htm#IDA2GGKI

you can also get a P45 for been kicked of IB as thats also a cease. If you have no letter confirming the new benefit then check your bank account, and if nothing there I suggest you ring to check the status.

I got a P45 when I lost my IB following a missed WCA, but didnt get another P45 when i went over to ESA.

Indeed. The P45 always seems to like traveling alone. I got one each time my ESA was refused. Although, due to the time lapse, I'd already initiated a new claim.

Rae I so admire you, and am so glad your situation is now sorted for the time being. Am awaiting the next bout, and am glad I read this about P45 or I would have gone into anxiety orbit had one arrived, at least now I have half an idea what to do.

I don't remember if I got one when they kicked me off IB, but I truly don't remember much at all, its only reading old paperwork , letters and posts that I know.

Amazed that they cant sent these things with some explanation, but then what would I really expect.

Well its all sorted now, rang DWP and one dept stated I received the P45 because the IB had ceased i.e been taken off IB, I then told her that I had been previously told verbally that I was been transferred to ESA, she then said she would check her system!

She then said ah yes you have been transferrred to ESA, and then put me through to another dept.

The other dept confirmed my IB had been transferred to ESA, although there were no additional notes, no letters sent out, no details of points or payment dates, all she said was That I should be paid now on a friday instead of a wednesday, should still be paid Fortnightly, if I wasnt paid this Friday gve them a call back.

Also had to send them the P45.

Moral of story is that you will receive your P45 when you come off IB regardless if you are being transferred to ESA, HOWEVER you should have received a letter from DWP confirming your status before the P45 is due to arrive

Many thanks for all of the replies and advice received

Rae I so admire you, and am so glad your situation is now sorted ...

That's kind of you to say, Ruby, and I'm somewhat relieved too! Nowt to admire, though I'm quite happy to be used as an example that. if you're medically unfit for work, ESA is the only game in town. You have to stay on the magic roundabout and believe you'll get there in the end. JSA was never a possibility.

Glad you've got your problem solved, stalagtite.