style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im 16 years old, i needed a new shoes for school but my parents didn't give money to me, so i decided to go to primark and steal them. When i walked out with the shoes, security guys told me to come with them, they said that i have to wait for RLP letter and i will have to pay 125-180 pounds for 6pound shoes. What should I do? :( do I have to pay it? What will happen if i will ignore them?

Challenge the letter as there is no legal basis for a claim. As a minor under 18 you can not enter into a debt and have no assets so do not panic look at the link for RLP and do not steal.

They have no basis and you are under age so they could never bring a claim against you anyway.

Just ignore it. NOTHING will happen apart from a few letters where they try to threaten you even more. Just bin them.

The main thing you need to do is work on why you shoplifted anyway. But thats for another thread and not this one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

I cannot condone your course of action by stealing shoes just because your parents would not give you the money and I hope you realise your course of action was wrong and why.

Now they have no basis as has been stated by others due to your age.

As the police were not involved no criminal record.

Question -

1. Did the security know your age?

2. Did the security ask or get you to sign any document?

3. Did the security ask if you wanted your parents present?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

They told me that it is criminal record.

and yeah, security know my age.

they didnt ask me to sign anything, just write down the address, name, surname, date of birth, no they didnt ask anything about parents

Hi

OK were the Police involved at all?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

no, there wasnt ivolved police. but if i dont have to pay now because im under the age, maybe i will have to pay when im 18? and even more because the price goes up.

Hi

As their was no Police involvement then their is NO Criminal Record so nothing to worry about on that. (what the security told you was incorrect and in a way a scare tactic)

so you will not have a Criminal Record.

You will more and likely be banned from primarks stores due to this and will more than likely as so many other recieve RLP speculative invoice and that is exactly what it is.

Dont panic just wait and see if anything comes from them and when it does just pop back into your thread here and let use know what is says and we will be able to advise further.

what to do in the mean time is near the top right of the page in the search box just type RLP and have a read of the other threads on the subject.

If you have any other worries on this just ask.

Stu is absolutely right - listen to what he says.

Only the criminal justice system can enter a criminal record against you - through arrest, charge and conviction in a court of law. If that were going to happen, then it would have taken place at the time. It sounds to me that security have taken the opportunity to use scare tactics knowing that you are a minor.

RLP are Primark's 'hired help' and routinely contact suspected shoplifters and claim that you 'owe' them money to cover costs for security - you don't, and due to your age, can either ignore what they claim, or tell them that you owe them nothing.

If and when they write to you, come back here for advice.

In the meantime, steer clear of Primark stores - and don't be tempted to steal again!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!