Orange - What is the ruddy POINT ...............

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

........... of having a fixed term monthly contract with Orange, if they just put their prices up mid-contract when they feel like it !!!

They did this in January 2012 as well.

If I want to cancel because of this, they say on their letter that I can but I'll " ...... need to pay them any cancellation charges that apply."

Arrggghhhh !! :-x

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Vodafone tried that with me last year. I referred them back to my original contract and told them they would be in breach of it. When i sign a contract that states a specific amount for a set period of time, and there are no side clauses that allow it to change, you can be sure they wont be getting more out of me.

Check your terms and conditions and see if it is allowed slick. Orange seem to be doing some shady business lately.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I should perhaps write to them asking for the specific clause(s) that allow them to alter the charges mid-term and see how they respond.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Failing that move to virgin mobile as they run off orange and could probably give you a better deal.

Do they run on the same network - I like the coverage I've enjoyed with Orange for 20-odd years.

Do they run on the same network - I like the coverage I've enjoyed with Orange for 20-odd years.

It's a pity Orange doesnt see that as loyalty when dealing with a customer. They are like O2, and go by how much youve actually spent on calls in the last 6 months of the contract.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I was in the process of renewing my contract with Orange when I got notice of the proposed increase, so I'm able to move elsewhere if Orange are intransigent.

Thanks for the input.

More than likely there'll be a line in the Terms and Conditions that allows them to increase the tariff by up to the current RPI each year, which currently stands at 3.3%. Orange would only be in breach of contract if you can show that your monthly costs will increase by more than 3.3% as a result of their increase.

Slick, go through the cancellation process whenever you are out of your minimum term.

Ask for your PAC to port the number away, google what other providers are offering, even the 3rd party like phones4U and carphone warehouse (never mind the coverage, they never check that you can receive coverage from their competitors) tell them you've been offered £xx cheaper, and they will offer something or call back.

Remember the sh** sandwich... "The service has been great, if only you were not so expensive, I'd love to stay" Makes it hard for them to argue any of the points you raised, and gives them a good opportunity to make you a good offer.

Don't worry if they do give you your PAC, because if you don't use it you remain with that network.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks Locutus - I'll bear that in mind.

:-D

Orange will give you a load of rubbish offers. Go to virgin. Take their sim only package for 4 months and then upgrade to a phone contract. In the meanwhile if while on virgin you take a fancy at another contract give them one months notice and move.

So whats cooking today ?