personal loan, selling car, notice of clearance?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys. Trying to sell my car. The dealer is asking for a notice of clearance from Santander as I took a loan to buy the car. This loan isn't paid yet, but as its a personal loan it shouldn't have any bearing on selling that car. What is this notice? And why, if the car is mine do they need it?

Thanks.

If they did an HPI check on the car, surely it show it is unfinanced? If not, will it be possible for you to show them the personal loan agreement to prove the loan isn't linked to the car.

I think they should be doing an HPI check anyway as part of their "good practice", so not sure why they don't know it's clear already. Maybe they have just "assumed" it is financed and haven't yet even bothered to check. A prompt from you might be all it needs.

Edited by crem

I think your real beef then should be with Santander as they seem to have given you a personal loan (or at least led you to believe they had), yet still tied the finance to the car, which I think should have had a different name (something like Car Loan I think)