My HSBC Debts and a CCJ

Guest purplemushroomfairy2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I sent a CCA request in 2008. They initially repiled three months later saying that they did not have one. The debt has been in dispute since 2008.

Last week they wrote returning two cheques that had been cashed saying that they 'do not apply s 78 to overdrafts' they are reuesting that I provide them with the legal reason why they cannot demand payment.

So I ask again - do agreed overdrafts come under s74 of the Consumer credit Act? If so is there a template?

Thanks

OK, I have just found this on the OFT website. Am I right in thinking that whether they decide to take notice of the CCA request according to the OFT overdrafts are now covered. READ and let me know please,

Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('CCA'), Financial Services and Market Act 2000 ('FSMA') and Payment Services Regulations 2009 ('PSRs')

As of 1 November 2009 payment services will be subject to a single regulatory regime - the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (PSRs). The PSRs are designed to harmonise the standards of customer service for all payment transactions throughout the European Union. This changes the existing arrangements for banking regulation.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) will be the new regulator for most aspects of the regime, taking over all retail banking conduct regulation for deposit taking and payment services. The FSA has drawn up Banking Conduct of Business rules and these will sit alongside the PSRs.

However, areas of retail banking which fall outside of the FSA's remit, such as overdrafts and credit card lending, will continue to be regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has a duty to license and regulate businesses involved in consumer credit activities provided that they satisfy the OFT they are fit to hold a licence. As well as retaining responsibility for the CCA areas, the OFT will also have responsibility for Part 8 of the PSRs which deals with competition issues relating to access to payment systems.

As a result of these changes the OFT and the FSA have agreed a concordat between the two organisations which sets out our division of responsibilities and how we will co-ordinate our work and ensure effective and consistent delivery of consumer protection in this are

• 1 year later...

Hello,

In 2005 our business went under .

We have been fighting various debts and repossession for 10 years now.

In 2006 marlin bought some if my HSBC debts. They were all put in dispute because no CCA, one sadly turned into a CCJ despite paying it but we sorted that three years ago.

HSBC had agreed to a full and final settlement and to reclaim all disputed debts that they shouldn't have sold on.

They didn't even though they made nefarious promises to marlin to pay them 8K.

As a result we weren't able to remortgage because they refused to keep to the agreement .

Long story short, HSBC changed solicitors last year to Eversheds who have been horrendous and won't consider the previous agreement,

My credit file is now clean and all of the old debts are now statute barred.

I received a letter from moor croft on Saturday giving me 10 days to give them the name of my new solicitors??

They are still trying to get the money for a debt that is now statute barred and has not been paid for 7 years.

I really don't even want to contact them again as I can't have the six years starting again.

Actually feel that by now we should have been sorted.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have an alleged debt (overdraft) with MCE PORTFOLIO formally MARLIN.

I have written every letter I can,

placed it in dispute in 2008,

it became statute barred in 2014.

They have been arguing the overdrafts don't fall under the consumer credit act,

I found part that said they do.

Company have never had CCA and the original creditor claimed it on court back in 2010.

Thought it had gone away,

but today recieved letter informing me they were going to get a CCJ,

despite no payment plan ever being entered into and it's been in dispute for 8 years and it's statute barred .

Obviously I am worried , the letter took 7 days to arrive and I am off tomorrow for a fortnight .

I emailed them from a new email statements to the effect of ,no alleged debt, alleged debt in dispute , statute barred, harrassment etc etc

I have tried so many things , but they are like a dog with a bone and keep coming back!!

Any advice great fully received

They do fall under the Consumer Credit Act... BUT they are not subject to CCA Requests.

If it does go to court and it is deffo SB, then it's a complete defence.

Dont play letter tennis with them.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

"Company have never had CCA and the original creditor claimed it on court back in 2010"

we need to know what happened with the court?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

numerous threads merged yet again.

every so often the OP decides to start a new thread on one of the debts.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pers I'd be ignoring them until/unless they issue a claimform.

then it will be easy to kill it with the SB defence.

its better sometimes to not enter into endless letter tennis with them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

poss looks like was stayed? and claimant now thinking of lifting to try obtain judgment?

overdrafts after feb 11 are subject to s61b con credit act agreement requirements. before then, no cca only the oft determination re o/d's.

statute bar re o/d's cld be difficult as current a/cs can run on until called in. depends on the full circumstances/terms.

anyway, op is away for a couple of weeks. update awaited on return. :)