Finding lost creditors

spj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm about to apply for a DRO but realised that all debts listed have to be 100% accurate. But when my debts are being sold over and over again to different companies, I've lost track of one in particular. If I list the wrong company, the real company can still legally chase me!

I'm using credit expert, and this debt (an HSBC Overdraft) is listed as default with HSBC but I know it's been sold on and I can't find out to whom. They haven't written to me for some time so I don't have the details :-/ Is there any way to find out who I owe money to now?

On that subject, is it really fair for a company to sell a debt on? My contract was with HSBC, how is it right that I start getting letters from other companies saying I now owe it to them... and then them... and then someone else?

If it's listed on CRA files under he name of the original creditor, then it should indicate it's still in their hands.

Yes it is legal and as to being fair, accounts are seen as the lenders assets and agreements allow them to sell/ assign the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

That's what I thought regarding the listing, but a second similar one is still attached to Cooperative bank, and I know that debt belongs to Lowell now.

And yes, legal I know, but for the debtor it's frustrating, stressful and just stinks a bit. I'll sell my contract to a dying relative so when they contact me I can say "sorry I don't owe you any more, they do."

Lowell should /must update files.

Unfortunately YOU cannot sell your debt in this way.

You can only list debts on the last known data.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: