• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Becoming evicted, advice please on temp accomidtion/homeless

shreddies2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, sorry not been around I've had a very poorly boy but he is much better now and I'm really looking forward to going back to work these days off have driven me crazy!

The smell is mostly gone now we just needed lots of candles and I got a fan air freshener.

The electric heaters are rubbish so I'm hoping to by one or a couple of those halogen ones later.

Apart from that is is well, it's just a real pain being so far from everything that was once 5-10 mins distance.

Hi everyone, sorry not been around I've had a very poorly boy but he is much better now and I'm really looking forward to going back to work these days off have driven me crazy!

The smell is mostly gone now we just needed lots of candles and I got a fan air freshener.

The electric heaters are rubbish so I'm hoping to by one or a couple of those halogen ones later.

Apart from that is is well, it's just a real pain being so far from everything that was once 5-10 mins distance.

Hello Shreddies - sorry to hear your Son has been poorly and hope he is feeling better now.

Yes, if you are used to going into work every day, you do tend to miss it !

Pleased to hear that the smell is mostly gone now and hope you have started to settle down a bit, not nice that you are away from friends and family - perhaps they can share the visiting.

Please do keep us up to date on how things are going :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi everyone, still here. Still not enjoying it..but it could be worse.

Well I've worked out the bad smell is coming from downstairs :/ the people that live there are deffently not approachable so I won't be speaking to them about it anytime soon!

Although we've been here a week I'm still cleaning and still finding things like hair gross.

Had to take my son to the doctors he has come out all over in a bumpy rash, when I explained that we are in temp accommodation he mentioned it could be stress related :( I really felt like breaking down there and then :'(

I really am struggling to get through this, sorry just felt like I needed to vent this out.

Hi shreddies,

So sorry your little boy has been unwell and now has what is a nervous rash, but I know you will have been brilliant and played down the awfulness of it all. You are obviously a wonderful mum. :-)

As you say, other people's hair - totally gross. And I'm sorry the people downstairs are so awful. I'm not surprised you are struggling. Most of us would be climbing the walls or would have completely given up - but you haven't and that is amazing.

Vent any time.

I'm sorry I didn't reply on Monday. I read your post and meant to. My daughter was ill over the weekend, and I was so completely exhausted and achy on Monday I was in bed by 10.00 p.m - and I am never usually in before before midnight!!

I know you are carrying this on your shoulders. It won't be forever.

:grouphug:

DDxx

Thanks for the lovely replies, I was feeling so low yesterday today's better. I think I need to go see my doctors moods are so terrible, I could be fine one minute and panicking like crazy the next or feel really low and down, just like I was last night. I'm not sure what they will say, after all I'm quite fortunate to be where I am.

I got a call today from lady in homeless department she asked how we had settled in and I told her fine, when she asked if there were any problems, I told her I'm not really coping as well as I thought I would and my son has come over in a nervous rash, and she said sorry I just mean any problems with the property and I was just like 'oh' then dhe said she'd ring next week.

Oh we'll thanks again guys xxx

Hi shreddies, how is the little lad now ?

This all a bit of a shock to the system - you have been uprooted and planted somewhere alien. It will take a little time, but I am sure in a while things will settle down and you will adjust.

If you want to vent, just come on CAG and let loose :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi shreddies,

What you are feeling is totally normal in the awful, uncertain situation you are in right now.

It's not a bad thing at all that you mentioned how low you are feeling and that your son was ill and badly affected to the lady from the homeless department. Everyone shares information.

You are coping much better than you believe you are coping. I think you have been, and are being, amazing.

Give it another 10 days or so and then phone the councillor again. That is what he is there for - to represent you.

And every day say out loud: This is not forever. :-)

DDxxx

Hi everyone,

I spoke to my mum today and hopefully I should be going to stay with them in Germany during the Easter holidays!

All I have to do is pay for the train, I'm really hoping I can buy am not getting to excited about it just encase we are asked to move or something.

My son is much better his rash is slowly going down, he's fed up of all the creams but is slowly getting used to it, I brought him that magazine with the creatures in lucite like scorpions and what not! He's add invent he's going to collect them all so that's given him something to look forward to each week.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry auto correct on my phone keeps changing what I type-so sorry if last message doesn't make much sence!!

Dont worry, we understand :)

BCOBS

Hi shreddies,

That is great news. I'm sure a change of scenery will cheer you all up.

I'm glad your son is a little better and I hope he enjoys collecting all the scorpions. We have moshi monsters and puffles!

Hopefully your phone will still work in Germany just in case the Housing Office call about a new flat? How long will you go for?

Love,

DDxx

Hi, I'm hoping to arrange the trip tomorrow and I will let housing officer know then I'm going to book it! I've only got to pay for the trains and they are not all that expensive, it's the Eurostar that's the money sucker, I'm trying not to get to excited cos I keep thinking the housing opitions will say no you have to stay.

Yes we have moshi monsters too!

I don't see why you should have to stay. You have a young child and he would like to see his Grandmother at Easter. Lots of people go away over holidays and I don't see why your son shouldn't be doing the same. They should be understanding.

What a clever idea Moshi Monsters is. Wish I'd thought of it. And made the fortune .....

Hi just a quick one, havnt book germany the people at the council are messing me about asking me for proof we work as they said they havnt got any proof we do! Even though we have a receipt for giving that info in, so I have been sorting that out, I told them I wanted to visit patents in Germany and they want proof she lives there! Do they think I'm lying and have booked a cruise instead?!

So I'm a bit fed up tickets are going up by the day and soon I won't be able to afford it.

That is so frustrating for you. Presumably you can get duplicates of the work info you have given them?

Can your mum fax something from Germany that you can show to them?

I should take everything in to the housing office tomorrow morning and show someone and insist they give you a receipt saying they have inspected it.

Hopefully you'll be able to get the tickets tomorrow.

Love,

DD xx

Yep did it all today (well my husband did) i left my housing options officer a voice mail this morning to say how upset I was and she better be there to get the documents on hand and photocopy them or my husband is likely to become very angry and make a scene.

Hi everyone,

Well I've been messed about with the council this past couple of days.

I got a call from my housing opitions officer telling me I have not updated my address now I am in emergency housing, I told her when we were speaking with the homeless department on the 13th I had asked if I would have to update/sign anything and he said no we will do it for you, she blatantly told me she didn't believe me and I said to her why are you telling me this now anyway we have spoken 3-4 times before! She said it has only just come to her attention now.

I said to her I'm not the kind of person to wait around for things like this to he done for me if I have to do them I will and if I was given the correct information then it would have been done ages ago.

I'm so fed up, I'm not a liar I feel like I'm wasting time.

Anyway I'm booked up to visit my patents from the 6th till the 9th because its the cheapest I would have gone from tomorrow untill the 9th/10th but the council have been a bunch of butts to me :/

Hi shreddies,

She sounds like a right misery. It's clear from your postings here that you really do crack on with everything you need to do, but she is not going to admit they are in the wrong.

I'm sorry you can't go tomorrow but I'm glad you will be able to get away for a few days at least.

I'm sure things will get sorted out soon.

Big hug,

DD x

Happy Easter to you shreddies2

hows things going

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks