• Tweets

• 1. who knows... 2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this. 3.yes 4.already carefully explain this.
    • if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Becoming evicted, advice please on temp accomidtion/homeless

shreddies2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an update, while at work I got an appointment from my housing positions officer, she had said the referral has been made to the homeless department and we are just to turn up Wednesday morning and wait, we will be given access to what is emergency accomidation, I have no idea what it will be.

I rang my ward officer- I didn't get through after many tries so I left a message with a breif outline I had an housing issue and I was seeking his support and to call me back. I rang my case worker at housing trust who said he will get a letter sent to homeless department stressing for us to be able to stay in the area.

Other than that I've packed two more boxes, I could have done more but have run out of boxes!

I now have no picture frames on the walks or decorations, this place echoes its so strange being this way :(

Other than that I've packed two more boxes, I could have done more but have run out of boxes!

I now have no picture frames on the walks or decorations, this place echoes its so strange being this way :(

Yes, moving is horrid at the best of times - even if you have planned the move.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi everyone here is an update, not much but I have very nearly packed. I got through to my ward councillor who told me he will do what he can to help me, but all I got back was an answering machine message from my housing support officer saying that getting a councillor to intervene will not help with your case, it's to do with availability not who you have involved, so I felt a little down hearted.

Anyway are you all enjoying this snow?!

Hi shreddies,

Not much snow here, but freezing cold.

Housing officers do not like councillors to intervene in what they see as their area, but some councillors are in fact very helpful. Phone the councillor again and tell him what the housing officer said. If this councillor isn't helping, call the others who represent your ward. It does depend on where you live, and some councillors are better than others.

Hope your little boy is coping okay, and hope temporary accommodation is acceptable. Please do keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

DDxx

Lots of snow here, had a snow day so loads more packing done, we are ready now it's really scary.

Today I also got a call from homeless department, my councillor had spoken to them and they told me the same, it comes down to the availability. I'm glad he's still trying, I rang him and thanked him, I told him they were not impressed he was involved he said of course they wouldn't be but he has tried to keep me within our area.

Tomorrow I have to be there between 9-10 and just wait, hopefully I keep my cool I'm so very nervous :(

I'll be thinking of you, Shreddies and I truly hope it all goes as it should, you've been so brave.

I wouldn't be frightened to ring the contacts you now have if you need reassurance or action, and we'll be here. :)

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Oh dear, i'm sorry i am late on this one

Is this a section 21 that they have issued you with ? (It should have section 21 written at the top of the letter)

If so, you have some time to think. A section 21 is just a notice that they wish to start proceedings against you, and they would probably give you a date on the letter that they want you out by.

It's unlikely that a judge in a repossession will kick you out in the street given your circumstances. Probably they will issue a suspended repossession at best

To be honest, i would like to see the landlord's argument in court if you have no arrears..., saying 'i want more rent' won't go down well with a judge.

If he issues section 21, then you don't move out after the expiry date, he will then have to go back to court to apply for a repossession order, then you still don't move out, he will then have to go back to court to apply for an eviction notice.....,the entire process is quite lengthy and could be up to 6 months before you get into court before a judge.

If the landlord hasn't issued a section 21 notice at the beginning, and all he did was send you a plain old letter saying he wants you out, then the entire process is void, and must be restarted again (the clock starts from the beginning again, and could take up to 6 moths from the point he issues a proper section 21 letter)

Because you have an 'assured' shorthold tenancy agreement he cannot do anything until that agreement expires. In my experience, few landlords, and few letting agents understand repossession procedure correctly.

I won a case for someone last week, his defence was Dyslexia, and he couldn't read the Sect 21, and i argued in court that as this was the case he also couldn't read the original tenancy agreement either, therefore both were void. The judge agreed, and the Sect 21 was withdrawn, and the tenancy agreement had to be restarted from scratch (12 months), once the tenancy agreement was 'read to him' by a housing solicitor, and the tenant fully understood what he was signing.

Without rent arrears, and without anti social behaviour, the landlord will have a really hard time arguing before a judge for repossession.

If you cannot take on a problem head on, go around the sides, over the top, or underneath. If you still have problems, then change the rules. If you can't change the rules then manipulate yourself into a position where you make the rules.

Oh dear, i'm sorry i am late on this one

Is this a section 21 that they have issued you with ? (It should have section 21 written at the top of the letter)

If so, you have some time to think. A section 21 is just a notice that they wish to start proceedings against you, and they would probably give you a date on the letter that they want you out by.

It's unlikely that a judge in a repossession will kick you out in the street given your circumstances. Probably they will issue a suspended repossession at best

To be honest, i would like to see the landlord's argument in court if you have no arrears..., saying 'i want more rent' won't go down well with a judge.

If he issues section 21, then you don't move out after the expiry date, he will then have to go back to court to apply for a repossession order, then you still don't move out, he will then have to go back to court to apply for an eviction notice.....,the entire process is quite lengthy and could be up to 6 months before you get into court before a judge.

If the landlord hasn't issued a section 21 notice at the beginning, and all he did was send you a plain old letter saying he wants you out, then the entire process is void, and must be restarted again (the clock starts from the beginning again, and could take up to 6 moths from the point he issues a proper section 21 letter)

Because you have an 'assured' shorthold tenancy agreement he cannot do anything until that agreement expires. In my experience, few landlords, and few letting agents understand repossession procedure correctly.

I won a case for someone last week, his defence was Dyslexia, and he couldn't read the Sect 21, and i argued in court that as this was the case he also couldn't read the original tenancy agreement either, therefore both were void. The judge agreed, and the Sect 21 was withdrawn, and the tenancy agreement had to be restarted from scratch (12 months), once the tenancy agreement was 'read to him' by a housing solicitor, and the tenant fully understood what he was signing.

Without rent arrears, and without anti social behaviour, the landlord will have a really hard time arguing before a judge for repossession.

Hi thanks for your reply, we have had our sec 21 and now have the possession order from court, I believe as it runs out tomorrow the landlord has to apply for eviction which will happen in around two weeks? From tomorrow's date 13th

Yep it's all happening just hoping I can stay in my area.

Hi here is an update. We arrived at the council at 9.10 we went to the desk and told them we were Told to come in for emergency accomidation she gave us our number and we waited. We told the women at the booth when our number was called we were told to come in for emergency accomidation and she had no idea what we were talking about, so after a panicked 15 mins and phone calls later she told us to wait, so we waited again for an hour until we were called to talk on the phone, it was a man from the homeless department who said he'd be up in 10 mins to talk with us so he turns up 20 mins later, we filled a form out anwsered some questions and were told to wait again.

After 30 mins another phone call it was the man from homeless department he said they could offer me a 2 bed emergency flat 10 miles away or a 1 bed in my area, so I took the one in my area.

I'm so relieved. The flat is ok, it's small but has a little fridge and electric cooker. I cleaned it up so it looks ok, I'm just so relieved I really thought I could be anywhere.

The homeless officer mentioned my ward councillor had called aswel so I wonder if it was his interference that had this impact?

Anyway I'm feeling much better, still not great but alot better!

Thank you all for your lovely words and help, I will continue to keep you all updated xx

Oh shreddies, I am so relieved for you.

I know it's not ideal, but it will do for now, and I think you were right to take the smaller flat in the area where you want to be.

You have had a hell of a time, you've held it together and been very brave, and I hope you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

DDxx

Glad you got sorted

Personally i would have waited for the repossession hearing just to hear the landlords argument, but life has its hawks and doves, and i can be determined to the point of my own detriment at times.

You must make the call based on your own circumstances, and more importantly (which i forget sometimes), for your own peace of mind :)

You eluded to having representation in the form of a housing worker ? Is he/she helping you through this ? What about the ongoing case..., is the emergency accommodation short term while the case runs its course, or is it permanent ?

If you are happy where you are now, and it's permanent, then i would write a letter to the court instructing them that you are now in alternative accommodation, and as such you would like to go for something called vacant possession.

Just to clarify that, get your keys to the old place, put them in a photocopier and get a print out of the keys. Then write on the photocopy "keys returned by" and sign your name. Underneath write "keys received by" and get your landlord to sign there, then date both signatures and give him the keys back, keeping your photocopied signed document. (you don't need to give him/her a copy.)

Put the photocopy with the letter to the court.

The repossession case will now stop, as a landlord can only repossess a property if there is a tenant in there. He/She cannot repossess a property which the landlord already has the keys to, and as such free entry to. Therefore there is NO repossession !

Don't give him/her a forwarding address...,this will stop him/her chasing you for unpaid anything.

If you cannot take on a problem head on, go around the sides, over the top, or underneath. If you still have problems, then change the rules. If you can't change the rules then manipulate yourself into a position where you make the rules.

Hello Shreddies.

I'm so glad you've got that over with and have somewhere you can feel OK. I hope you still feel relieved and better than you have been this morning. It's nice to have your own front door, because you hear stories of people going into B&B.

Did you manage to get some sleep?

Hugs from me too. :grouphug: HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi here is an update. We arrived at the council at 9.10 we went to the desk and told them we were Told to come in for emergency accomidation she gave us our number and we waited. We told the women at the booth when our number was called we were told to come in for emergency accomidation and she had no idea what we were talking about, so after a panicked 15 mins and phone calls later she told us to wait, so we waited again for an hour until we were called to talk on the phone, it was a man from the homeless department who said he'd be up in 10 mins to talk with us so he turns up 20 mins later, we filled a form out anwsered some questions and were told to wait again.

After 30 mins another phone call it was the man from homeless department he said they could offer me a 2 bed emergency flat 10 miles away or a 1 bed in my area, so I took the one in my area.

I'm so relieved. The flat is ok, it's small but has a little fridge and electric cooker. I cleaned it up so it looks ok, I'm just so relieved I really thought I could be anywhere.

The homeless officer mentioned my ward councillor had called aswel so I wonder if it was his interference that had this impact?

Anyway I'm feeling much better, still not great but alot better!

Thank you all for your lovely words and help, I will continue to keep you all updated xx

This is good news - if this is only temporary, then hopefully you will be given something permanent soon.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi everyone, thank you for the kind messages.

It's very strange living here! I have cleaned and cleaned but there is a smell...that doesn't want to leave so I went out a brought a new air freshener and shake and vac but still there is a smell.

There is no Internet here, there is wifi from the pub on the corner but the signal isn't worth it.

I'm so relived though I could have been in a hostal or b&b so at least I can cook my own dinners and watch tv in a seperate room.

I really miss my other flat so much it's strange not having a garden.

Oh and on a very random note the man below us has written a note on the light switch in the hallway saying if anyone turns it off (because apparently it won't turn back on again) he will sue whoever does??!!!

that's great to hear even if its temporary still make it yours and hopefully something permanent crops up soon.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi everyone, thank you for the kind messages.

It's very strange living here! I have cleaned and cleaned but there is a smell...that doesn't want to leave so I went out a brought a new air freshener and shake and vac but still there is a smell.

There is no Internet here, there is wifi from the pub on the corner but the signal isn't worth it.

I'm so relived though I could have been in a hostal or b&b so at least I can cook my own dinners and watch tv in a seperate room.

I really miss my other flat so much it's strange not having a garden.

Oh and on a very random note the man below us has written a note on the light switch in the hallway saying if anyone turns it off (because apparently it won't turn back on again) he will sue whoever does??!!!

Shreddies, can you identify the smell - is it musty due to no one living there for a while? Things like BBQ charcoal or dishes of vinegar or a large onion cut in two will absorb smells. Or perhaps buy a pot of herbs.. Mint or another type that has a nice smell !!

BCOBS

Hi shreddies,

It's not the best place to be, but at least it's only temporary.

Don't worry about the mad man downstairs. Even if you or someone else turns it off accidentally he's not going to know whodunnit!

I'm sure you've already done this, but in case you haven't, do remember to phone the councillor and thank him. He may be of help in the future. All departments at a town hall will say that councillors have no influence (in housing or anything else) but the fact is that they do. Some councillors are good, others are only using being a councillor as a stepping stone to being an MP, but I have known some really brilliant ones who have really helped their constituents. If you keep in touch hopefully he'll keep an eye on your situation.

Hope something permanent comes along soon, but so glad you are in your own place with your own front door.

DDx

Tips for getting rid of smells... bicarb of soda. sprinkle it on the carpet, leave a few hours the hoover up, do this over a couple of days and it should get rid of the smell.... I am presuming it is the carpet that smells.

Tips for getting rid of nutty neighbours.........:tape2::censored::bolt:

Im saure you will be fine :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks