• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Becoming evicted, advice please on temp accomidtion/homeless

shreddies2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im surprised that your council have not been more forthcoming, especially as there is a child involved.

Many councils will wait until the last minute then will offer you some accommodation, whether it will be a temp hostel or housing. They often wait like this so to give you a chance to find something on your own.

Have you got yourself on the housing list, I know it dosnt help at this present time but at least you are on the list and can be assessed.

I have never known the council here, essex, to wait for the bailiffs to turn up, some thing will be done before that. Have you been offered anything from the council at all. where they are likely to house you as an emergency case.

As for broadband they usually hold or cancel if you move into a property where you cannot have BB and as for the other utilities just inform them of the situation as long as bills are paid up to the date when you moved out there should be no repercussions.

It does sound scary, its because its not knowing, but hold in there ok, you wont be left on the street. :hug:

have you popped in to see your MP, you never know, they may ba able to help you

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im surprised that your council have not been more forthcoming, especially as there is a child involved.

Many councils will wait until the last minute then will offer you some accommodation, whether it will be a temp hostel or housing. They often wait like this so to give you a chance to find something on your own.

Have you got yourself on the housing list, I know it dosnt help at this present time but at least you are on the list and can be assessed.

I have never known the council here, essex, to wait for the bailiffs to turn up, some thing will be done before that. Have you been offered anything from the council at all. where they are likely to house you as an emergency case.

As for broadband they usually hold or cancel if you move into a property where you cannot have BB and as for the other utilities just inform them of the situation as long as bills are paid up to the date when you moved out there should be no repercussions.

It does sound scary, its because its not knowing, but hold in there ok, you wont be left on the street. :hug:

have you popped in to see your MP, you never know, they may ba able to help you

Hi everyone thanks for replies.

We are on the housing list. Have been for 8 years.

I already have housing trust helping me and a case worker there, they work just the same as shelter.

I've spoken to shelter who advised me on joining the housing trust which I have.

We will be put in emergency accomidation around 12-13th this month. We will stay there until we are put in tempoary accomidation.

It's just a very insettling situation to be in.

(Sorry for spelling am rushing)

lets hope it wont be long

The lady was quite frank said emergency accomidation can be full of recovering alcoholics/drug users. She said we'll stay there for 6 weeks before moving into a more family suitable place like a small temporary flat but it does depend on what's available. I'm terrified really I've packed 5 boxes so far but I know tonight I will panic.

I think someone has already mentioned calling your MP but have you already contacted your local ward councillor? They are a mixed bunch, but some can be very helpful.

I've never heard of a ward councillor???

I really don't know about contacting my mp I'd like to but what would I say or outline my visit with ?

Thanks for reply..I'm feeling very fragile this evening :(

Hang on in there Shreddies, you've been really strong and I think you'll be fine. We're all allowed a little wobble from time to time.

I'm sure DD will be back to tell you more or someone else will know about councillors. But I think the word 'ward' refers to your particular little part of the council's area. So the councillor who looks after the part of town that you live in. If I'm wrong, I expect DD will put me straight. :)

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

The worse of it is over, at least you know you are going some where and not out on the street, I doubt very much you will end up in a place full of druggies and drunks etc, that would not be a wise move from the council, they tend to say these things in the hope that you will find something for yourself, hang in there ok, try and be strong for your little un ok. Have you any family around you who you can go and talk to about this

Hi shreddies,

Honeybee is right. Each borough council is divided into wards, and each ward has a certain number of councillors depending on its size. It depends where you live - town or country. If you go on your borough council's website you should be able to type in your address and be directed to your little area's ward councillors. It doesn't matter whether they are in the political party you support, they are there to represent everyone in their ward. If you can't find it tonight, call the town hall in the morning and they will tell you the name(s). District council's vary; some will give you your ward councillors' telephone number, but others you need to contact by email. They usually have some details about the councillors so start with the one who sounds most helpful, and if you don't get a response quickly then try the next one.

You are being strong, and I know everyone here will do as much as they can to point you in the right direction for help.

Many of us here, including me, have been through our wobbles and we will do our best for you.

Big hug,

DD

Hi shreddies,

Honeybee is right. Each borough council is divided into wards, and each ward has a certain number of councillors depending on its size. It depends where you live - town or country. If you go on your borough council's website you should be able to type in your address and be directed to your little area's ward councillors. It doesn't matter whether they are in the political party you support, they are there to represent everyone in their ward. If you can't find it tonight, call the town hall in the morning and they will tell you the name(s). District council's vary; some will give you your ward councillors' telephone number, but others you need to contact by email. They usually have some details about the councillors so start with the one who sounds most helpful, and if you don't get a response quickly then try the next one.

You are being strong, and I know everyone here will do as much as they can to point you in the right direction for help.

Many of us here, including me, have been through our wobbles and we will do our best for you.

Big hug,

DD

Thank you everyone for replies, it really brought tears to my eyes:(

I'm going to check who us my ward tonight and contact them...but I have no idea what to say? Of course I need support with housing bug I'm not really sure what I should ask.

As for family my parents live in Germany, they have for two years now and my sisters baby is due soon do they are not much interested with what I have to say.

Thanks everyone so do much

No need to apologize at all.

Firstly, find out what the contact details are - telephone or email. If it's email, I'll draft something for you.

If it's the telephone, there may be a secretary if the councillor is based at the Town Hall.

The important thing to emphasise is that you have a child of 7, and that you've been told you may be in accommodation with drug addicts, etc. That must come first. Then you can say why you are about to become homeless, that you work, have been on the list for eight years, etc.

If you would like to, you can send me a p.m with the councillor's name and if there is a secretary I could sound her out generally and see if she sounds kind and helpful or not. Obviously I wouldn't mention you or the forum but it would be good to see if she's likely to be helpful.

DD

No need to apologize at all.

Firstly, find out what the contact details are - telephone or email. If it's email, I'll draft something for you.

If it's the telephone, there may be a secretary if the councillor is based at the Town Hall.

The important thing to emphasise is that you have a child of 7, and that you've been told you may be in accommodation with drug addicts, etc. That must come first. Then you can say why you are about to become homeless, that you work, have been on the list for eight years, etc.

If you would like to, you can send me a p.m with the councillor's name and if there is a secretary I could sound her out generally and see if she sounds kind and helpful or not. Obviously I wouldn't mention you or the forum but it would be good to see if she's likely to be helpful.

DD

Thank you!! You are so kind I'm so grateful you would do that for me.

I'm going to check the details in a moment of the councillor, I have to work tomorrow until 5 so I won't get much done in terms of my situation. I told my manager earlier all that is happening and she has offered me time off next week which is great.

I'm so great full for everyone's help here! I wish you all lived near by.

I know families can be difficult, but do your parents actually know how bad things are? Even if you think they wouldn't help you, surely they wouldn't see their grandchild go through this? Are you absolutely certain they wouldn't lend you a deposit for a flat, even if it has to be a very small flat? How about your sister? She is the aunt after all.

I'm very happy to do what I can. If you can get the councillor's details tonight or first thing tomorrow I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Also, why don't you ask everyone at work if they could email their friends about a flat. You don't have to tell them how awful the situation is - not their business at all - just that you are looking for a new flat.

Absolutely anything is worth a try. I once found a flat through a friend of a friend because the girl was getting married and her fiancé lived miles away and she didn't want to sell the flat. Just explore as many options as you can in the next week or so.

Also, Barnardo's can help with accommodation in some areas if a family with a child is about to become homeless, or if they can't they may have more contacts. It's worth calling the South East Regional Office which is on 01293 610660. The switchboard couldn't give much information but you can leave your number and a duty officer will call you back.

• Haha 1

There is also Southdown Support 4 Housing. They get referrals from the Council, but have just started a scheme where you can apply directly to them. They are on 01273 645430.

Yeah this is the one I use now. They are very good.

Thanks everyone for replies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks