My father bought an item from a catalogue shop - Returning goods

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father bought an item from a catalogue shop and when it arrived, on using it, it became faulty so he sent it back and they replaced. The second one was also faulty so he sent it back, but this time he requested a refund. Each time he paid out of his own pocket to send it back.

Today on arrival at home, they have sent him another replacement instead of refunding his money.

Please confirm that they are contravening the Distance Selling Regulations by getting him to pay for the return of the items and secondly not doing a refund when requested. I think that they are stating that the second item was past the 7 day period from when the first package arrived.

I am going over to check the paperwork tomorrow. Just wish he would stop buying from these catalogue places that sell useless junk!

A seller can put the return cost onto a buyer under the DSR if that is stipulated in the contract otherwise the return cost must be by the seller.

If the product is damaged hiowever, the return cost must be born by the seller. Return costs are usually paid by the person returning the item and then refunded along with the purchase price.

What catalogue is it ?

A seller can put the return cost onto a buyer under the DSR if that is stipulated in the contract otherwise the return cost must be by the seller.

If the product is damaged however, the return cost must be born by the seller. Return costs are usually paid by the person returning the item and then refunded along with the purchase price.

What catalogue is it ?

I am not sure which catalogue it is, but will check tomorrow. The annoying bit is that he wrote and asked for a refund and instead they replaced the item once again which he does not want any more.

I am not sure which catalogue it is, but will check tomorrow. The annoying bit is that he wrote and asked for a refund and instead they replaced the item once again which he does not want any more.

What item was it? Nothing that could be contributed to user error? Is the third item also faulty or does that work? Just wondering because if they tested what was meant to be faulty and found no fault, maybe that's the reason for sending the item back out. I know under dsr you can still request a refund, but its seems odd.

• dx100uk changed the title to My father bought an item from a catalogue shop - Returning goods