sportsdirect/yodel

mackem61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered some items off sportsdirect with 24 hour delivery which I expected to receive the next day.

At around 1pm the next day I received an email saying that they had been delivered to a neighbour (bear in mind that I was in all the time) at around 12.30 pm, equally no card was left.

I contacted Yodel who claimed that it was delivered to house number **, and was signed by ******. I then went across to pick it up and they said that they had received a package but it wasn't for us.

I then went back home and rang Yodel again who gave me the Sportsdirect customer advice number which I then rang. They said that they would look into the matter and it would take between 2 and 10 days.

Yesterday as the 14th day since the call (which makes it 10 working days) I gave them another call to see what was happening. I was then informed that they had sent me an email (which I have not received) explaining what they had decided.

This was that as the items had been signed for (even though it was a neighbour, then we are in receipt of the goods, so no refund and that there was nothing else that they can do.

I have drafted a letter quoting the distance selling regulations asking for a cancellation of the order, and a full refund which will be sent by recorded delivery, so they will have to sign for it and can't say that it was not received.

Is this the correct thing to do and what else can I do to sort out this matter.

paid by card?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

paypal paid by card?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then thats good

you might well be able to envoke section 75

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/31/creditcards-31.htm

or at the very least

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

dx

and they

Hi

Also place a dispute with paypal as the good were not recieved by you.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Very shoddy practice. Even if a neighbour signs for something, what if you don't get on with said neighbour. By them leaving it with a neighbour isn't you getting your hands on the goods. How they can settle for this is beyond me. All on top of the fact you were in the whole time. I'd agree with stu and go the PayPal route. They seem to be very much on the side of buyers and you have a stonewall case.

paypal wont help in this case, as the item was signed for they consider it delivered. You need to tell the company that you invoke the DSR's and do not want the goods. You should have done this within the 14 days but since you havent received the goods it is a moot point when the clock starts with this one. Anyway, tell them that you want a refund and it is up to them to collect the item from where their idiot couriers left it. tell them that if you dont get a refund within 28 days it is a claim via the small claims procedure (that will cost them a damned sight more than the missing item overall)