Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2813 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Certainly not ahelpful comment.

Regardless of what the Council say I would still pay them and ignore the Bailiff. He is already aware you have been paying the Council so already assumes he will get nowhere with you. After all there is no law that says you have to speak to or deal with a Bailiff. If you keep up what you are doing now he will eventually hand it back to the Council, all you have to do is ignore him.

OP tried to pay council they have refused and pointed OP back to bailiff Im not agreeing with it i think its outrageous

post # 49

Edited by matt v atos
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP was paying the council and can carry on paying them via their on line payment facility on their website. As long as it is being paid and shows receipts it is being paid then she will have more of a chance of the bailiffs leaving her a lone.

MP's can be very good at dealing with this sort of thing, if you let them know the full history.

OP tried to pay council they have refused and pointed OP back to bailiff Im not agreeing with it i think its outrageous

post # 49

Sorry but you are not helping, the Council cannot refuse payments. They can say that any payments must be made to the Bailiff or the man in the moon, but if they refuse payments then they are leaving themselves open to a Complaint. The wording of what was given is:

They stated that it was too late for the council to accept an offer of repayment because it had been sent to a bailifflink3.gif so I had to contact and pay him.

That is not a refusal and any payment actually made to them via online banking, Council website, automated phone or in cash must be accepted.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]