pub chain

dazedndconfussed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I don't know if I have put this in the correct place.

We were in a pub this evening, and a girl was cleaning an area of the bar when a glass bottle fell and a shard of broken glass cut cut my eyelid.

The manager/supervisor came to find out the situation and played it down sticking up for his staff, saying it was just an accident to which I appreciated but my eye was still bleeding from the incident. The supervisor/manager filled in an accident form, on the accident report that the supervisor/manager he did agree that there was a cut above the eye. He also gave me a number for the manager and the website address address for company involved.We have the address of a witness who agreed that the supervisor/manager handled the situation in the wrong wrong way and who is willing to corroborate the situation, what would our rights be?

Edited by dazedndconfussed

What sort of rights? Was anyone to blame or was it just a freak incident? Were you offered first aid?

Not entirely sure what you want out of this? What do you think the manager should have done?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

It was an accident, I assume your eye is ok no permenant damage

The manager did the right thing put it in the book and gave you the bosses details, what else should he have done

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Obviously sorry for your injury but you havent explained what help you are seeking. If it is financial compensation then you would need to prove negligence in having the bottles positioned where they are or on behalf of the staff member. As your injury isnt notifiable and you havent suffered a loss then your claim would be very difficult to quantify and therefore difficult to pursue.

You say the manager handled the situation wrongly, what did you expect to happen? If you havea fixed idea of what you wanted then share that with the forum so it can be considered.