Jump to content

Cancelled cpa with bank but money was still taken

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I'm in the process of entering into an IVA (proposals in post to creditors) so I have stopped paying my creditors including a few payday loan companies that I have.


I wrote to my bank last week and told them to cancel all continuous payment authorities to these companies and cancelled my debit card.


Yesterday MonkeyDosh took 187.50 out my account on my old cancelled card. I rang the bank and informed them that I had cancelled the CPA and blocked my card yet they still took the money, so Barclays cancelled the card payment and credited it back to my account and informed me to take it out before they tried to take it again, which I done.


I've taken a look at my accout today and it is 187.50 over drawn (I dont have any overdraft facilities) so I rang the bank and informed them. They said they could put a request in for this to be cancelled and returned, but there is no guarantees that it will happen and I wont hear nothing for 48 hours.


Are the bank even allowed to do that? Even though they admitted yesterday that they knew I had cancelled the CPA with them in writing and credited it back to my account. Plus, how did MonkeyDosh manage to take the payment from my card when my account had no money in?


Thanks for any replies in advance



Link to post
Share on other sites

Barclays is breaking the law. I take it you have a copy of the letter and proof they received it? If so, then Barclays dont have a leg to stand on. They are notorious for not following the law or regulation, and you MUST make a FULL complaint to barclays, the OFT and the FSA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...