BankFodder BankFodder

Galatea

Being paid whilst on mandatory training course?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2526 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have to attend a training course for my part time job. I am happy to do this. However, the available course is on a Saturday, for 6 1/2 hours, and I have been told that I will not get paid for this.

Is this allowed? As it's grating a bit that I have to give up a Saturday to do a training course for a job that I do for 3.5 hours a week, term time only, and not even get paid!

I haven't had a contract yet, have been in post for 8 weeks, so can't check that.

I have Googled but can't find anything relevant. Can anyone point me in the right direction if there is any information I should know?

Thanks in advance.

I have to attend a training course for my part time job. I am happy to do this. However, the available course is on a Saturday, for 6 1/2 hours, and I have been told that I will not get paid for this.

Is this allowed? As it's grating a bit that I have to give up a Saturday to do a training course for a job that I do for 3.5 hours a week, term time only, and not even get paid!

I haven't had a contract yet, have been in post for 8 weeks, so can't check that.

I have Googled but can't find anything relevant. Can anyone point me in the right direction if there is any information I should know?

Thanks in advance.

If you are told to report to a company premises, working under the direction of a company staffer, and told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, then irrespective of whether you have not received a Contract of Employment, you will be covered by a defacto Contract of Employment.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_rights_at_work_e/contracts_of_employment.htm

I suggest that you take advantage of the opportunity to remind the Supervisor that, when you are required to attend the company premises, irrespective of training, the company will have to fulfil its Legal Obligations, and pay at least National Minimum Wage.

Thankyou for that RebeccaPidgeon. I will make sure I have this page open when I ring the company tomorrow :)