BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2594 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

[Hi, can anyone tell me if sheriff officers (Scotland ) can retain your bank and work details after you pay off a debt ?.

Thanks

I cannot not see any reason they would have need to keep such records, also under the DPA I would imagine you can request they remove any personal details from their database if you can be certain they have retained them.

WD

Sheriff officers are registered under the UK Data Protection Act 1998.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thank you for that. I'm sure they do retain all debtors details if they can get away with it. Just one more question, Can a debt collection company call your place of employment to discuss outstanding debt. ? Thanks again

NO!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

As dx says NO they cannot call your place of employment but they do try it on...always log the date ad time of the call and ask the name of the caller, politely tell them you want that particular number removing from their database and warn them you will be logging all calls to support your complaint of harassment to the OFT and confirm that to them in a one line letter ....usually they will call you a few more times just to let you know they have 'the power' then the calls will stop.

WD

Hi , phoned sheriff officers to ask them to remove my details from their database, and was told they need to keep my details on their system for 7 years for accounts reasons.

S.

correct but incorrect

as with all organizations reg for DPA purposes they will retain your details for up to 6 years from your relationship with them

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)