Need help formulating a plan to stop PDL CPA.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, first I feel I should thank you all for the heaps of helpful information across this board however I've had some difficulty understanding everything I should do and in what order. As such I've made this thread asking for a bit more help just so I can make sure I get things right and don't screw it all up.

I will start with the story so far. After loosing my job and due to having no money until my benefits kicked in I took out a loan of £230 from Wonga on 2nd of November, it was due on the 21st of December, I was on JSA for about a month then lost it due to a stupid fault of my own, I wrote to them explaining this and asked to set up a repayment plan hoping I would be able to get a new job in the month of time they gave me of frozen interest in order to be able to pay them back. The amount I owe them now is £390.

I failed in getting a job in time and emailed them explaining, twice, each time they replied saying to phone however I did not do this as I couldn't due to having no money to pay for the phone bill. I missed each time they called me due to them calling randomly at stupid times to my mobile. Nothing then happened until now.

I've managed to get my JSA reinstated and I'm expecting my first payment of JSA within the next 3 days however I'm worried that Wonga will take it all from my account the moment it gets paid in. As such I've been trying to work out what to do which is what led me here. I followed the advice on the forums in other posts and attempted to ring Natwest to get them to cancel Wonga's CPA on my account, they said it could not be done and the person on the phone to me from Natwest overpowered me and wouldn't let me get a word in and due to my lack of knowledge of what to be saying ended up with me failing. I later that day sent a complaint to Natwest regarding what happened during the phonecall, stating that they were breaking FSA guidelines and specifically regulation 55. I received an email stating that it has been forwarded to a more specialized department and could take between 8-15 days for a reply.

I attempted earlier today to call Wonga to see if they would co-operate and organize a new repayment plan or stop the automatic payments, the man on the line said he could do nothing unless they could take a part payment today, he was extremely sympathetic and upset that I was stuck in this position and that he could do nothing to help and apologized several times. I assumed from this that he could not actually do anything and was stuck doing what he was told to do.

And now that brings us to where we are now. I am planning to go to the bank tomorrow with a letter following what others have said demanding that CPA is removed and payments stopped to Wonga however from reading the boards I see other people have had difficulty with this so this is why I have started this thread hoping that someone could specifically tell me what to do and what to go on with and what to say. As in what I should print out (FSA Guidlines etc.) and who to speak to and so on as I am at a lost. It seems that the wealth of information has confused me and I need some help.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction and help me get this sorted out because if I don't and Wonga take my money I will have nothing left and will not be able to survive. Thank you all for your time for reading this and I really hope someone can help me out. I understand I was stupid to leave this to such a last minute thing and to get a PDL in the first place.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority

Have a good read, quote the law to them. If they refuse... report them to the FSA and OFT/FOS for breaking the law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the rapid reply, so I just want to make sure I get this right. I should go in with a letter that says to stop all CPA's to Wonga, get them to sign it, stamp it, copy it and then keep the copy for myself?

Yep. Even if they refuse, it doesnt matter. ALl you need to do is get them to copy, sign stamp and date that letter. From then on, no matter what they say, you are covered 100%.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks ever so much, I do intend to actually repay, but they're giving me no breathing room! One last question, should I get them to copy it before stamping / signing & dating or after? The devil is in the details.

Copy first, sign stamp and date second. You keep copy, they keep original.

Also, get a manager to sign it. Not a cashier or a cashier supervisor.

• Confused 1

If they refuse, sit in at the bank until they decide to follow UK law. Remember, you just need what i outlined above. If they point blank refuse to refund money later on, then they are in a world of trouble with the OFT and FSA. Plus you can make full complaints under BCOBS and if they still refuse to refund or rectify the complaint, you have teh right to take legal action against them and recover the money plus interest gained. Note, they usually settle well before this once they know you are serious about legal action. They get legal threats all the time, so just regard it as an empty threat until the court papers arrive at their head office.