• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

1st credit and old Northern Rock Loan & Card Sold to Co-Op - SB'd - Scotland

Tartan Barty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, first post, just loving this forum. It has answered so many questions and removed many fears already but......

I have been on a DMP since 2003 with 11 creditors and £53k of unsecured debt. I was with the CCCS until Nov 06 when they got a bit upset that a joint account with an overdraft wasn't on the plan. I went self-admin as until then I had had no bother with any of my creditors. One of my loans was with Northern Rock who passed it on to First Credit a year or so ago. When with the CCCS they were fine now FC are hassling me saying I need to pay £140 pm against my offer of £26 pm. They are threatening me with allsorts of legal rubbish and having read several posts on here am not overly bothered. They are ringing everyday saying the same rubbish which is getting annoying.

So from what I have read I should send a CCA request but I have read that this needs to be an executed one although the templates on other threads don't mention this? Do I need the word executed in the letter? Also can you just send a £1 coin or does it have to be a PO or cheque?

I have also read that you can request a deed of assignment but not sure if I should be asking for it or how to ask for it?

Assuming that they don't reply within 12 days then I believe I can stop paying them? What will happen then? Do they take me to court?

I would really like to give them some grief but am unsure how to proceed. Any help greatfully received

Edited by Tartan Barty

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome TB...in the first instance you should request a copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement send them letter 'N' from this link...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Enclose a £1 postal order in each request, do not hand sign the letter, send it by recorded delivery - DO NOT talk to them on the phone...

They will not provide you a deed of assignment (they don't have to) - only a properly executed Consumer Credit Agreement with the prescribed terms can be enforced in a court of law - although there are some DCA's who will try it on !!.....they have 12+2 working days to provide this (otherwise they are in default of your request), if after a further 30 calendar days they still haven't provided it they have committed an offence under the Consumer Credit Act of 1974....(if this was me I would stop paying after the 12+2+30)...while you have made a request for a CCA, your account goes immediately in dispute (bearing in mind a debt can be disputed at any stage)....!!

I would also write at the bottom of your CCA request that you will ONLY CORRESPOND IN WRITING - ANY CALLS MADE TO YOU WILL BE CLASSED AS HARRASSMENT AND TREATED AS SUCH....

Keep us posted !!

Right thats the CCA request away today so they will get it Monday SD. By my calculation that give them till the 4th March to send the agreement through. Is that right?

Also I sent it to the PO Box address on there last 'you must contact us urgently' letter instead of the register office, is that ok?

did you send it with proof of postage?

did you remember not to sign the CCA letter?

If so, it should be OK.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I would always recommend sending things Special Delivery.

Recorded only seems to work half the time. You can complain about this till you go blue in the face and not get anywhere. Yes, Special Delivery costs £4.30, and will increase to £4.60 in April 08, but you MUST use it. I always apply for the free confirmation from Royal Mail even if they have "electronic proof". It's a freepost address too, search for "signature request form" if this link doesn't work. http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=13900163&mediaId=15100173

p.s.

Remember they are "1st Credit Ltd", "First Credit Ltd" is a different company nothing to do with this.

• 2 weeks later...

I regret to announce that the 12 working days are now up and 1st crudit haven't managed to get an agreement over to me :( I really was rooting for them but obviously they just couldn't make the deadline. Strangely they haven't called me since my request.......I miss them already. Roll on 4th April then the payments stop, unless they manage to find one!!!!

With all the problems NR are having and the fact that they are no longer offering competitive mortgages with an aim of getting back all the money they have lent, does this site think that they will be pushing hard to get outstanding debts paid now??

I have a defaulted loan with them that is currently with 1st crudit but after CCA'ing them I guess it will be passed back to NR who then may choose the court route. People's thoughts???

I dont think we will see any difference in real terms, so if northern rock were pushy before they still will be and if they werent then no.

however whilst it is 1st credit legal obligation to come up with the CCA it still would come from northern rock, and if they cant find it for 1st credit who is to say they have it at all? no CCA not enforceable debt so court action without this offers a complete defence however that does not mean either the debt does not exist nor some unscrupulous DCAS lieing to you to try and get it.

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

Surprise surprise 1st crudit rang me today. I wasn't sure who the number was so answered. The guy asked for me so I knew it was a DCA but thought I would have some fun:

1st Crudit: Mr xxxx I have to tell you that this call is being recorded.

Me: Why do you have to tell me that?

1st Crudit: Because I do, can you tell me your date of birth?

Me: No, can I tell you I am recording this conversation?

1st Crudit: Pardon?

Me: I am recording this conversation

1st Crudit: Can you tell me your date of birth?

Me: Sorry I don't give out that information to strangers, who's calling?

1st Crudit: Rxxxxxd from 1st Crudit

Me: Rxxxxxd who?

1st Crudit: Rxxxxxd Sxxxxx, now can I have your date of birth?

Me: And what company are you calling from?

1st Crudit: 1st Crudit

Me: And your address?

1st Crudit: Is this really necessary?

Me: If you want to talk to me, yes!

1st Crudit: Are you going to give me your date of birth

Me: La La La La In writing only

1st crudit: Pardon

1st Crudit: This isn't helping Mr xxxxxxx

1st Crudit: This is a serious matter

and then I hang up

Felt good!!!!!

And if they ring tomorrow they will get the same.

No Agreement, no talk

:D seems to me that the whole debt collecting industry is becoming a running joke!!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Write down the time and date they have called you, if they call again then ask if they have heard of the Protection From HArrassment Act and the Administration OF Justice Act and ask why they are calling you....bear in mind the OFT recommend that it is unfair practice to cqarry on collection of a debt whilst it is in dispute.

• Haha 1

Well it would appear that 1st crudit are respecting the fact the account is in dispute and not a single monkey has phoned.....instead they have employed the 1st crudit automated electronic monkey that rings me every 2 days to tell me to contact 1st crudit urgently....have I won the DCA lottery???

Will I ring............not while there's breath in my lungs

Am I logging every call.........you bet

Have they supplied an enforceable CCA agreement.......No

Keep trying 1st crudit

• 3 weeks later...

First you do a formal complaint to 1st credit

Address & etc

FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER YOUR CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006 COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE.

On DATE, I sent a consumer credit act 1974 s77-79 request for a true copy of my credit agreement, with the prescribed payment. I have still not recieved a copy of my credit agreement. Please rectify this immediatly, and send me information about your complaints procedure and the person who will be dealing with my account,

Yours Faithfully,

XXX (Your name).

then send a complaint to consumer direct, (do a google), and wait until they give you a final response so you can complain to the F.O.S.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

i think it is a little early, but it won't really harm anything. If you want to do it, merely state "Please also regard this as a s10 notice under the data protection act 1998 to cease processing my data until a true copy of the agreement has been provided."

I got rid of 1st Crudit very easily... in fact 1 letter did the job :D

just keep telling em to bog off... they will get the message eventually :D

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D