• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can assure ANYONE on this site that if the Work Providers claim they are going to ring every job you have applied for to find out if you put your application in that the person stating this doesn't know what they are on about.

HR Departments will NOT give this information out, unless of course the Work Providers pay for it! They do not have the resources and anyway it is against Data Protection for them to reveal to anyone (even a recruiting manager) who has applied for a particular post and whether they have had the application.

This is why they are relying on UJM to do the work they thought they could do. I still see no real reason why people strongly object to it if it stops them hassling you - they CANNOT see everything you do on a computer it is on, they CANNOT stop you from looking via other websites and they CANNOT continue to chase you once you have employment.

I had an email from UJM saying I hadn't logged in for a year - well I've been working - so they are going to close my account. Which is quite a relief to me as it stops all the unsuitable jobs they have been sending.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why they are relying on UJM to do the work they thought they could do. I still see no real reason why people strongly object to it if it stops them hassling you.

I can think of a very good reason for not allowing DWP access - You do a job search and find that "perfect job", do a little bit of research and find it is a [problem] so decide not to apply. DWP see that you didn't apply, issue a sanction. Alternatively, an adviser spams everyone in his/her folder when a fictitious vacancy appears, you recognise it for what it is, bingo. Another sanction.

The UJM has little to do with helping people to find work - It is primarily a system to monitor peoples activity at a reduced cost and generate benefit doubts for those that choose to use alternative methods of finding work.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I can think of a very good reason for not allowing DWP access - You do a job search and find that "perfect job", do a little bit of research and find it is a [problem] so decide not to apply. DWP see that you didn't apply, issue a sanction. Alternatively, an adviser spams everyone in his/her folder when a fictitious vacancy appears, you recognise it for what it is, bingo. Another sanction.

The UJM has little to do with helping people to find work - It is primarily a system to monitor peoples activity at a reduced cost and generate benefit doubts for those that choose to use alternative methods of finding work.

Write it down on your job log or apply for the job anyway.

I sign up with Recruitment Agencies and just cut and paste including reference numbers. Reference numbers are important if I want to track the application. It is easier. Does not mean I don't forget to record some. Just less likely to.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to sign on today after being given a job seekers direction to provide evidence of my job search (which I always do anyway). My appointment was for 1pm (with the person who supposed to have seen me 3 times now but always passes me to someone else) well surprise they didn't see me today either, I was told to come back at 2.30pm to see someone else. After waiting outside for the time to slowly pass I went back in. The person I saw said I'm sending your claim to a decision maker because you haven't done the direction that was given to you, which I replied that I have and shown them everything written out including the dates, job id, email addresses and was told it wasn't enough and why haven't I given them access to my universal jobmatch account (I'm so sick of being asked that) after going on I got annoyed and asked to see the manager. He was a idiot to and told me its up to him whether he pays me or not and I've not done enough to find work. He went on universal jobmatch and was looking at jobs up to 40 miles away saying look on this page alone there's 1,2,3 and started counting them, to which I had to say a few times your counting apprenticeships, ones in the heading saying 18 to 24 year olds only, and your not clicking them on to see if experience is needed. He just said I'm sending it to a decision maker and told the women to start the claim and left. After the women was messing on the computer I signed on, was given a appointment for 2 weeks times and then she told me I need to fill in the booklet everyday of what I'm doing, how long, etc... if I don't she'll send it of to a decision maker again. I shown her the freedom of information act on my phone where it says it up to us how we provide evidence and she just said well its something to show the citizens advice, not me

Can't believe their trying to sanction me again (well I can). My 13 week sanction comes to a end on the 26th of this month and all I'm getting now is hardship, which they are still taking nearly £15 out for a social fund repayment, so all I get is £70 a fortnight which I'm really struggling on. Don't know how I'll survive on this for another 6 months if/when the decision maker sanctions me again

Back to the jobcentre tomorrow (yippee) for a assessment interview for a 3 week employability course, so that should be fun

1) Doctor: have a word with him and explain the position. I am not qualified or think it is my job to advise on this. If want to claim ESA you will need a fitness note (or sickness note). It will specifiy a period of time, say 3 months. The GP can add comments like restrictions in the type of work you can do. It would be worth going to the Doctor and try and get his advice anyway. Sometimes they may feel that suitability for work is outside their remit.

I went to my doctor for purpose to be cured, but it will take time for me. I asked for a prognosis. It was not advantageous for me to claim ESA so it was different. I am much older.

2) If you want to claim ESA you have to ring up the DWP will send you a form to complete, or the large form can be completed online.

You will have to sign off JSA and it is important to do this because the claim for ESA will be delayed.

3) Then you receive the assessment rate of ESA until you have to attend an ATOS asessment which may take 13 weeks or more. ATOS will almost certainly examine you not by a Doctor but another health professional. Most probably they will give you nil points and pronounce you fit for work. Then you can appeal. At this stage, if not now, you may need more expert advice.

So it is a rather circular process. So I would not be very keen to do it, unless you really are quite ill. Doctors seem to know all about this and may not sign a sickness certificate. The DWP may write to your GP for a medical opinion, tests etc. I liked this to make sure I was getting adequate medical treatment on the NHS.

There is an alternative after going to your Doctor. You could ask the Job Centre if you can see the Disability Advisor. This may not be possible because they are very busy people.

There is one great advantage for claiming ESA and that is the opportunity to do permitted part time work and get paid up to £100 a week in addition to your benefit. This last lasts for one year and is meant to ease you into full time work with people with reduced capacity medical conditions. If you want to take that route ask about it, saying for medical reasons you do not think you are capable of doing full time work straight away. It will be just as competitive trying to get those jobs so you have to make it clear about it.

i got my doctors note but it is only for 10days so do i just move frm jsa to Esa for 10 days then back to Esa? Any help much appreciated x

TJR JNR

i got my doctors note but it is only for 10days so do i just move frm jsa to Esa for 10 days then back to Esa? Any help much appreciated x

you have to keep going back to your doctor when your sicknote runs out. depends what you are on esa for. ive been claiming esa now for over 3 months and still not been assesed so each time my sick note runs out i go back to doctor to get another. hope this helps.

I went to sign on today after being given a job seekers direction to provide evidence of my job search (which I always do anyway). My appointment was for 1pm (with the person who supposed to have seen me 3 times now but always passes me to someone else) well surprise they didn't see me today either, I was told to come back at 2.30pm to see someone else. After waiting outside for the time to slowly pass I went back in. The person I saw said I'm sending your claim to a decision maker because you haven't done the direction that was given to you, which I replied that I have and shown them everything written out including the dates, job id, email addresses and was told it wasn't enough and why haven't I given them access to my universal jobmatch account (I'm so sick of being asked that) after going on I got annoyed and asked to see the manager. He was a idiot to and told me its up to him whether he pays me or not and I've not done enough to find work. He went on universal jobmatch and was looking at jobs up to 40 miles away saying look on this page alone there's 1,2,3 and started counting them, to which I had to say a few times your counting apprenticeships, ones in the heading saying 18 to 24 year olds only, and your not clicking them on to see if experience is needed. He just said I'm sending it to a decision maker and told the women to start the claim and left. After the women was messing on the computer I signed on, was given a appointment for 2 weeks times and then she told me I need to fill in the booklet everyday of what I'm doing, how long, etc... if I don't she'll send it of to a decision maker again. I shown her the freedom of information act on my phone where it says it up to us how we provide evidence and she just said well its something to show the citizens advice, not me

Can't believe their trying to sanction me again (well I can). My 13 week sanction comes to a end on the 26th of this month and all I'm getting now is hardship, which they are still taking nearly £15 out for a social fund repayment, so all I get is £70 a fortnight which I'm really struggling on. Don't know how I'll survive on this for another 6 months if/when the decision maker sanctions me again

Back to the jobcentre tomorrow (yippee) for a assessment interview for a 3 week employability course, so that should be fun

ive been on two 3 week employability courses. and got two city and guilds level 1 certificates.both the same,they will no doubt send me again for the same course.

[...]asked to see the manager. He was a idiot to and told me its up to him whether he pays me or not and I've not done enough to find work.

Errmmm... nope. It is not a manager's decision as to whether you get paid JSA. Neither is it for him to judge that you have done enough to find work - In both cases, it is for a Decision Maker to review the evidence and make the decision.

If you have done everything that has been asked of you in respect to job search and evidence, then this "manager" is just being an a***. Rise above it and resist the temptation to react out of anger or frustration.

you have to keep going back to your doctor when your sicknote runs out. depends what you are on esa for. ive been claiming esa now for over 3 months and still not been assesed so each time my sick note runs out i go back to doctor to get another. hope this helps.
so how will they check if i was fit for work or not when mine only lasts 10days? By the time they want to asses me i be back on jsa hopefully

TJR JNR

so how will they check if i was fit for work or not when mine only lasts 10days? By the time they want to asses me i be back on jsa hopefully

Prior to your assessment every day of your claim needs to be covered by a doctor's note. Well, there are a few technicalities, but as a general rule, you should seek a cert for every day.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Emma, if an advisor has issued a jobseekers direction to make you give access to your UJ then this is totally wrong and should be reported at the highest level both to the DWP and especially the PCS Union, who have in the past issued clear instructions to Jobcentre staff that they cannot make customers give them access to their UJ account. Ask your advisor for the direction in writing - I'll bet they won't do this because they know they're acting out of line.

I actually have a line at the top of my home-made Job Log which says 'Any attempt to coerce access to UJ account will be treated as harrassment and reported to DWP District & Regional managers, PCS Union and Data Protection organisation'. No advisor ever mentions it now :)

Also, the DWP are not allowed to seek feedback on any vacancies you applied for unless they found it for you - ie a 'matched' notified vacancy. Anything you find yourself they can only seek feedback if they have your express permission. I would imagine this would also apply to the Work Program bods too. If they ask you to get feedback then that's fair enough, but they themselves can't just ring up employers as they wish as this could, in some cases like Local Government vacancies, cause your application to be rejected.

Orders of action:

1) Go to see your Doctor. Get a fitness note. You doctor has the option to recommend working with conditions.

2) Have a word with the Job Centre staff and ask for a meeting with the Disablement Officer (optional)

3) Ring up DWP.

i got my doctors note and was awarded Esa for 3 weeks but it ends wednesday coz im better now as it was for bronchitis so i open a new Jsa claim again on thursday but does anybody know where i will start frm as during my old jsa claim which ended 2 weeks ago i was at post work program support stage -does my new claim mean i go back to the start as a new customer or not?

TJR JNR

I have just started the work programme. My job centre advisor sent me to the Seetec provider.

I started on the 27th January where i completed the two week induction and i am currently on stage one. Stage one consists of four weeks going to the local centre on two days a week between 9-5 pm.

So far my time on the programme has been appalling. During the five weeks i've been on the programme, i've sat with my advisor only once and that was for less than 20 minutes. I sat with them while they sent off for four jobs matching my previous working experience.

I also have to sign a register four times! Once at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm or five if you count the "health and safety register"

In the afternoon you go in to a training room where you have a "session" Last monday i had a session on "stepping stone jobs" a 40 minute session which wasn't even delivered properly, all he did was babble on for 40 minutes on how we might go for a job we might not like to fill the gap in a CV.

I'm seriously thinking of coming off this programme. They've told me my interview techniques and CV are fine and i'm spending the majority of the time sitting in a room doing something i could be doing at home with out like feeling like a school kid/prisoner.

Whom at the job centre do i complain to about this so called "work programme"?

Who do you complain to at the jobcentre? I'm not sure you'll get much of a hearing I'm afraid. As long as you are on the WP, JCP washes it's hands of you with regards support (other than box ticking style job search checking, applying sanctions and signing).

Before going onto the WP, I had a right argument with a scruff bag of an adviser (wore the same clothes every week) about the nature of the providers delivering the WP. At the end of it, I advised him to read the evidence about such companies I had with me.

Perhaps complain to the providers head office and the Independent Case examiner. Also, as well as forums such as this, get yourself onto radio phone ins on the subject and contact any interested journalists. This is exactly what I have done and more besides.

My local Seetec are also short staffed or so they keep telling us.

This morning another WP customer had a go at a Seetec member of staff running the launchpad session for single mums. Apparently a group of single mums doing a work related activity was too noisy for him! They weren't bothering me but this was the same man that was blairing out his dance music for the entire room to hear.

It's a complete joke and i'm tempted to sign off.

I'm seriously thinking of coming off this programme.

Whom at the job centre do i complain to about this so called "work programme"?

You can not "just come off the Work Programme" - You have been mandated to attend for two years from the date of your initial contact with Seetec. There are limited ways to exit the programme early:

• Get a job (Seetec then claim an outcome payment for your efforts).
  • Sign off and live on savings, goodwill, or charity (Seetec will still try to claim an outcome payment).
  • Enter full time education - Great if you can secure funding and have the means to live for the duration.
  • Retire and claim state pension - Not many have reached that stage of life.
  • Die - Not really a viable option as there is no return if you don't like it (Seetec will still try to claim their outcome payments).

Complaining to the DWP and/or the WP provider will achieve nothing. The complaint will be dismissed as a disgruntled claimant failing to "engage" with the provider. You'd be better off contacting you MP and challenge him/her as to whether the Work Programme is delivering value for money and achieving the targets that the government expects. Going to the press is always another option, but few reporters are interested (Shiv Malik & Amelia Gentleman, both from the Guardian, have an interest in WP failures).

I was on jsa and was at the Post-work-programme-support stage but had to sign off onto Esa after my 3rd period of sickness in 12months even though it only lasted 3 weeks -when i go back to make a new claim for Jsa at end of next week does anybody know if i go back to post work programme support? Or will i be treated as a new claim an go right back to the start? Any help is much appreciated thanks x

TJR JNR

To Emma078 about her post above:

When they issued you with a jobseeker's direction to provide evidence about your job search, I think it means print outs and screen shots of your fortnightly job applications. As for "not doing enough to find work": they are tricky ****s because in your Jobseeker's Agreement it says apply for at least 5 jobs a week and you think you have done enough if you apply for 10 a week. Then they still claim you haven't done enough.

I am only 3 weeks in to INGEUS and already starting to lose my rag with them. If I can find a way to earn £70p/w even if it is cleaning toilets I will get myself off off this 'programme' before it makes me ill. Let's not beat about the bush, they do not care one iota about any of us, they are robots and behind the friendly attitude I get when I go there I see past it and see resentment and them thinking another loser to see.

Edited by honeybee13

I am only 3 weeks in to INGEUS and already starting to lose my rag with them. If I can find a way to earn £70p/w even if it is cleaning toilets I will get myself off off this 'programme' before it makes me ill. Let's not beat about the bush, they do not care one iota about any of us, they are robots and behind the friendly attitude I get when I go there I see past it and see resentment and them thinking another loser to see.

As ive said many times before, all ingeus care about is their bonus at the end of the month. :mad2:

To Emma078 about her post above:

When they issued you with a jobseeker's direction to provide evidence about your job search, I think it means print outs and screen shots of your fortnightly job applications. As for "not doing enough to find work": they are tricky ****s because in your Jobseeker's Agreement it says apply for at least 5 jobs a week and you think you have done enough if you apply for 10 a week. Then they still claim you haven't done enough.

If it says you've got to apply for 5 a week and you do 10 i think you've done more than enough. mine says i have to do 6 a fortnight, but i always managed 1 a day everyday.

Always give them more than they ask for - if nothing else it lessens the chance of them picking on you if they see you've done way over what they asked. Hard to raise a sanction doubt in that case.

When it suits them, they'll say your JS Agreement is 'only a guide', even though it's actually the core document of your claim to benefits and so should be as binding as a contract. Other times they'll stick to the JS Agreement very precisely - again, only when it suits them.

I used to get this at work a lot; whenever I quoted the rules they were just 'guidelines and open to interpretation' but if the boss quoted them they were suddenly 'hard fact'. Old trick.

Don't give them the chance to find any fault. Click on a few more applications and play safe.

You can not "just come off the Work Programme" - You have been mandated to attend for two years from the date of your initial contact with Seetec. There are limited ways to exit the programme early:

• Get a job (Seetec then claim an outcome payment for your efforts).
  • Sign off and live on savings, goodwill, or charity (Seetec will still try to claim an outcome payment).
  • Enter full time education - Great if you can secure funding and have the means to live for the duration.
  • Retire and claim state pension - Not many have reached that stage of life.
  • Die - Not really a viable option as there is no return if you don't like it (Seetec will still try to claim their outcome payments).

Complaining to the DWP and/or the WP provider will achieve nothing. The complaint will be dismissed as a disgruntled claimant failing to "engage" with the provider. You'd be better off contacting you MP and challenge him/her as to whether the Work Programme is delivering value for money and achieving the targets that the government expects. Going to the press is always another option, but few reporters are interested (Shiv Malik & Amelia Gentleman, both from the Guardian, have an interest in WP failures).

what about if you go onto ESA like my friend, will he still have to attend the WP (ingeus)? he received another appointment from them for next tuesday, the only difference is this one is missing the part about it been mandatory, does that mean it is still mandatory though? :/

what about if you go onto ESA like my friend, will he still have to attend the WP (ingeus)? he received another appointment from them for next tuesday, the only difference is this one is missing the part about it been mandatory, does that mean it is still mandatory though? :/

Has he made his ESA claim yet?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.