work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not advised because of you are fit you are going to have to get a job or go self-employed (I chose the latter) at some time.

It is best to get a job that suits you. One method for computer savvy people is get a "cushy" office job rather than stacking pallets.

The method for getting these jobs is through Recruitment Agencies. JobMatch is an example of such an agency. People soon realise that better jobs are available through other agencies. Best bet is to sign on as soon as you can. I get really annoyed when other people get jobs I want and even more annoyed if I miss applying for them because I have not job searched properly. And even more annoyed if I find the people who got the job are incompetent.

CV Library, Indeed are examples of other recruitment agencies. There are lots of them. It is rather important for self confidence when dealing with WP advisers that you are not to mark when applying for jobs. At least for people like me.

I have actually found that lots of claimants are ambivalent rather than avoidant.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: by looking at the jobs on offer by Recruitment Agencies. I found that the employers really wanted people to walk straight into the job and hit the floor running. For me there was an updating skills gap and there is always a learning curve.

On JSA training courses for updating skills are available. However, these are automated and I did not like the look of them College courses would be better with a lecturer. These training courses may suit certain people. The premises were a bit below par. I thought they were unsuitable in the one I went to.

There were alternative better premises but they did not do the right courses. It is privatisation on the cheap that makes for rotten premises.

When I access UJM accounts of claimants who do give permission (during the fortnightly jobsearch reviews and the daily Post Work Programme reviews) to view all I am able to see is the last successful login date and time, I can then see any applications held, view CV's uploaded to the account and view the activity history.

To be honest it doesn't bother me one way or the other if I have permission to view or not as is the same for the colleagues I work with, we accept verbal jobsearch but we do ask more questions to ascertain that the JSAGs have been met, if a claimant provides written evidence that's fine too however if there is doubt expressed from an employer of a matched vacancy we do ask for proof of the application sucj as a pront out or sight of the email confirming an email application etc.

When I access UJM accounts of claimants who do give permission (during the fortnightly jobsearch reviews and the daily Post Work Programme reviews) to view all I am able to see is the last successful login date and time, I can then see any applications held, view CV's uploaded to the account and view the activity history.

To be honest it doesn't bother me one way or the other if I have permission to view or not as is the same for the colleagues I work with, we accept verbal jobsearch but we do ask more questions to ascertain that the JSAGs have been met, if a claimant provides written evidence that's fine too however if there is doubt expressed from an employer of a matched vacancy we do ask for proof of the application sucj as a pront out or sight of the email confirming an email application etc.

many thanks flumps you have been very helpfull. i read os many thanigs about what the jcp cansee and not see but was also told jcp can track every site you visit through cookies which ive now been told is not true. you hear so many things of what jcp can and cant do if they get access to your uj account, thyanks again

My appointment for post work programme was this morning, but I couldnt go in as I am really ill, since Sunday I have had really bad cold/flu symptoms, I rang up to tell them this and I got a snooty woman telling me that i should make another appointment for this wednesday or thursday! I said I couldnt do that as I don't know if I will be well, she got arsey with me saying then that I had to contact them within 5 working days otherwise they will close my claim! I have been signing on only since the end of May this year and I have had no other sickness till now, I am worried about what will happen if I am still ill by the end of the week as i feel really, really bad, does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

My appointment for post work programme was this morning, but I couldnt go in as I am really ill, since Sunday I have had really bad cold/flu symptoms, I rang up to tell them this and I got a snooty woman telling me that i should make another appointment for this wednesday or thursday! I said I couldnt do that as I don't know if I will be well, she got arsey with me saying then that I had to contact them within 5 working days otherwise they will close my claim! I have been signing on only since the end of May this year and I have had no other sickness till now, I am worried about what will happen if I am still ill by the end of the week as i feel really, really bad, does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Ring them up and make an appointment for the following Monday, a week today.

the whole WP should be cancelled as it is not fit for purpose, sounds to me like its making more people ill than it is finding them work. most of the staff who work at WP providers all seem to have attitude problems and treat customers like dirt. its an absolute disgrace!

Edited by joeski
spelling error

My appointment for post work programme was this morning, but I couldnt go in as I am really ill, since Sunday I have had really bad cold/flu symptoms, I rang up to tell them this and I got a snooty woman telling me that i should make another appointment for this wednesday or thursday!

The woman should have sent you a JSA28 form (sickness form). You really need to get one sent to you, or get someone to pick one up for you, and get it to the Jobcentre as soon as possible. It covers you for up to 14 days (no doctor's note needed). After that you have to claim ESA.

The woman should have sent you a JSA28 form (sickness form). You really need to get one sent to you, or get someone to pick one up for you, and get it to the Jobcentre as soon as possible. It covers you for up to 14 days (no doctor's note needed). After that you have to claim ESA.

Thanks, I thought the same that I have two weeks sickness, I dont get why they want me to ring them within five days so badly when I am entitled to the 14 days sickness, I have just seen a doctor and he says it looks like it is tonsilitis, he said I could be out of action for up to 10 days! It kills to talk right now and I just feel utterly lousy, dont need this now with it being nearly xmas never mind the jobcentre being difficult. Do you think it would be good enough for my mum to ring, and ask for this form to be sent to me asap?

EDIT: I have just thought, do you think it is different because I signed on friday ? is this why I have to ring them instead of them sending me forms>? I dont sign again until 10th January 2014.

Edited by dch76

The woman should have sent you a JSA28 form (sickness form). You really need to get one sent to you, or get someone to pick one up for you, and get it to the Jobcentre as soon as possible.

Alternatively, see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?401715-Work-Programme-and-Illness&p=4362315&viewfull=1#post4362315 - You can download and print out the form yourself if you have a printer.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thank you so much! You are a lifesaver :) I will get this sent out today.

Also they wont still expect me to be doing jobsearches will they? Obviously when I signed on Friday they gave me a double sided jobsearch sheet to do over now and the holidays. Thanks guys you are all great x

Thank you so much! You are a lifesaver :) I will get this sent out today.

Also they wont still expect me to be doing jobsearches will they? Obviously when I signed on Friday they gave me a double sided jobsearch sheet to do over now and the holidays. Thanks guys you are all great x

yes they will expect you to do a jobsearch or id be shocked if they didnt. if you can print a form off fill it in and send it in a job search would be no problem but maybe im wrong :-)

they gave me a double sided jobsearch sheet to do over now and the holidays.

Entries for 25th Dec to 1st Jan:

Tried telephoning XX companies. All refused to answer their phones.

Visiting XX companies. All had locked their doors and turned off the lights.

It is the same every year - Industry shuts down over the Christmas period, yet you are still expected to meet your Job seeker's agreement in full.

Entries for 25th Dec to 1st Jan:

Tried telephoning XX companies. All refused to answer their phones.

Visiting XX companies. All had locked their doors and turned off the lights.

It is the same every year - Industry shuts down over the Christmas period, yet you are still expected to meet your Job seeker's agreement in full.

Yes, apparently the whole world gets a break at Christmas, apart from the unemployed. My jobsearch will consist of the usual 'checked XXXX agency website for admin vacancies' which is all you can really do.

Also something to remember; a lot of us will have a month off from the Jobcentre if our next signing-on day clashes with Christmas (mine does) so don't forget to cover yourself for the period with enough jobsearch evidence. The Jobcentre will want to see 4 weeks evidence, not just 2 when we return in January so don't let them catch you out as a sanction target.

As they say in boxing 'Keep your guard up at all times' :)

The Jobcentre will want to see 4 weeks evidence, not just 2 when we return in January so don't let them catch you out as a sanction target.

Also watch out for the "did you go away for xmas and/or have a nice time ?" type of questions. Stock answer should be "no comment." or some non-committal grunt.

Thank you all, will bear all that in mind, best to cover ourselves where possible. They will definitely accept the printed out JSA28 form wont they? Hate it if they called me saying "where did you get this from? we cant accept it!" lol

They will definitely accept the printed out JSA28 form wont they? Hate it if they called me saying "where did you get this from? we cant accept it!" lol

The form was provided by: DWP, Central FoI Team, 5th Floor The Adelphi, 1-11, John Adam Street, London WC2N 6HT - If your local office try to dispute the validity of the printout, refer them to: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/jsa28_and_being_sick_whilst_on_j

Don't forget too that January is usually the month when companies review their outstanding vacancies and see what they can cut from their budgets - most HR departments will be closed from this Friday through to 6th January with only skeleton staff on duty.

I went to sign on last Wednesday and shown them the sanction letter and asked could I apply for hardship and I was given a form to fill out and to get a mini statement from the bank

After the job centre I went to the council office to tell them about the sanction and they filled out a nil income form for housing/ council tax benefit and said I'd receive a letter with a decision

On Friday I went back to the job centre and handed in the hardship form, they said I'd receive a letter telling me if I'm allowed it or not. But they don't pay anything for the first 15 day? (don't know why). I told them I would be getting paid on Monday if I wasn't sanctioned so my food, electric and gas will run out and if there was any help available. She told me to go the council as its them that deals with that now

I went to the council on Tuesday and filled in a online form which asked me what I needed, why and when will I run out of it. I put food - which I'll run out of today (Tuesday), gas - which I'll run out of tomorrow (Wednesday) and electric - which I'll run out of tomorrow (Wednesday). At the end of the form it said I'd not supplied enough evidence and a case worker will get hold of me soon. I told the woman at the desk and she told me it always says that and I'll hear of them in 2 to 4 days. I thought I'd be getting help the same day

Its Thursday now and I've still not heard anything. I have no food in but thankfully a bit of electric for now. I really don't know what I'm going to do

I am sorry to hear of your situation Emma.

Is there a foodbank near you? Have you no friends and family who can help?

I hope you get it sorted soon and youre ok. Maybe in the meantime send an urgent email to your MP. Sorry I cant be of anymore help.

If you do have a mental health issue tey visiting your local mind centre.

Maybe citizens advice could help? Or some local charities?

Just a thought, take care :-)

I am so sorry to hear all this Emma, the fact you could be left like this makes my blood boil ! I wish I could help, but as dyfed said is there a foodbank in your area? I hope you get some money through really soon, I truly do. All the best xx

Thanks for your replies

I don't know where any food banks are, but I think I will go to the citizens advice tomorrow

It makes me angry and sick to think that family's could be living with nothing, children starving and cold and there is no help.