work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1. Can I claim my bus fare for one of those signing on?

2. I'm being paid JSA weekly, instead of fortnightly, is that right?

If your signing on schedule is normally every two weeks, then yes you would be able to claim a refund of travel expenses.....

However, that you are being paid JSA on a weekly basis leads me to suspect your signing on schedule is now weekly. Crafty blighters have effectively moved the goalposts on you to avoid having to refund bus fares.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks for your help.

Yes, I was a little surprised to go from fortnightly payments to weekly payments all of a sudden. I've been signing on weekly for a few weeks and only last week went onto weekly payments.

Although I have never had any issues, with attendance, job search recording or attending training, I'm expecting daily signing at the end of the month.

If you sign on daily, do you receive a daily payment?

What are you doing at college?

I attend college on a Wednesday & Friday 09:30-16:30. I'm on my second week, so I've only got another 3 days to go...

It's for a 3 month temp contract at Dr Oetker (Work Academy). I've been doing my Food Hygiene & Health & Safety etc...

Oh, and learning how to make pies and pizzas! So, I'm after a "pizza the action" :lol:

~Update~ Job centre told me the job starts at 06:00 hours. When I attended the Interview I was told it starts at 04:20 some weeks.... Changing shift times every week.

I live 40 mins away by car which I have (Very unreliable MG lol), and about 2 hours away by public transport. I would need 2 buses & I would need to walk 2 miles... Public transport doesn't start until 6:20am......

It looks like the Job centre are desperate to get people into work..... and they're pushing jobs on people by telling lies regarding times.... Or, am i being misinformed???? lol

Edited by I survived 2 years!

had an advisor meeting today and has booked me into a 1 day induction for a 1 month job. induction first followed by food safety level 2 followed by an interview to do 12 hour shifts on a food production line in a cold climate. i am 60 years old waiting to have both knees replaced worn out working on an automotive production line so where do i stand? yes i know on my feet but could i get letter from my doc explaing i can no longer work on a production line?. i told them some time back i cant work on a production line so dont know what they are playing at. any help/advise would be apreciated. :???:

@ hatsanman.

It looks like the JC are making you do the same as me... College for a Food Safety Level 2 certificate etc...

You need to book and see your doc ASAP. You obviously have records with your GP stating you have bad knees, and you need them replaced etc...

I would firstly pop and see your Advisor, and tell your Advisor your concerns and hopefully they will deal with it, If not...

Then tell your Advisor that you're going to speak with your GP and get them to write a letter stating that you can't work stood up due to bad knees etc...

The Job Centre can't make you work at a place which may cause you any Harm or Injury.

@ hatsanman.

It looks like the JC are making you do the same as me... College for a Food Safety Level 2 certificate etc...

You need to book and see your doc ASAP. You obviously have records with your GP stating you have bad knees, and you need them replaced etc...

I would firstly pop and see your Advisor, and tell your Advisor your concerns and hopefully they will deal with it, If not...

Then tell your Advisor that you're going to speak with your GP and get them to write a letter stating that you can't work stood up due to bad knees etc...

The Job Centre can't make you work at a place which may cause you any Harm or Injury.

hi i survived 2 years, first of all many thanks for your reply as it put my mind at rest for the first time today. im not a lazy bugger as i work as a volunteer now 3 days per week where im allowed to sit and work. i told my advisor 4 months ago i couldnt work on a production line ever again as thats what wore my knees out working 8 hour shifts in the automotive industry yes on a production line where in the end i was removed by the company nurse.im one of these who let everything get to them and its not doing me any good health wise but thats another story. i feel ive been ignored by my advisor so have an apointment with my doc on monday for steroid injections in my knees so will talk to him about a letter then which when i get will be delivered to my job centre manager and hope he can install it on their computor. i was even under the person who deals with folks with a disabillity at the job centre who said i shouldnt be working at all because there are days when i really find it hard to walk. it just upset me a little to see they take no notice at all of what they have been told so hopefully they will sit up and take notice when i get a letter from my doctor. thanks again mate for calming me down quite a lot :wink:

It's best to always remain calm if possible, I used to let my JC get me down... They're not worth it!!!...

They will do anything they can to get you to sign off, that's what they're employed to do... The whole system is one big vicious circle, only the strong survive!

well i ended up at the hospital at 5.30 this morning extreme depression and anxiety (did i spell that right ) which aparently ive been suffering from for some while . got into my docs on emergency at 9am who quickly gave me a docs note excusing me from production line work and manual handling for 2 weeks untill i get the next one for 8 weeks and so on. i dont usually let things get to me like this but its great to have people like yourself for a bit of reasurance and good words which are much apreciated. will hand my note in monday and hopefull they will get it logged on their pc at the jobcentre.

I live 40 mins away by car which I have (Very unreliable MG lol), and about 2 hours away by public transport. I would need 2 buses & I would need to walk 2 miles... Public transport doesn't start until 6:20am......

Two things:

1. You don't have to work outside the hours and days agreed on your Jobseeker's Agreement.

2. You do not have to work anywhere that requires more than 90 minutes travel time by the quickest route available to you. So you could say you have no car, need to use public transport, and therefore, as it takes two hours, can't accept the "offer".

post work programme support 5 months in : 1 job search form hand-in per week + 1 signing on appointment every 2 weeks

1 month to go and then relax.

If only we could relax! The PWPS is effectively permanent now. The Help to Work scheme officially kicks in in April when we have to do 6 months of forced labour or sit in the Jobcentre staring at screens 5 days a week, but there'll be no rest from now on.

hi i survived 2 years, first of all many thanks for your reply as it put my mind at rest for the first time today. im not a lazy bugger as i work as a volunteer now 3 days per week where im allowed to sit and work. i told my advisor 4 months ago i couldnt work on a production line ever again as thats what wore my knees out working 8 hour shifts in the automotive industry yes on a production line where in the end i was removed by the company nurse.im one of these who let everything get to them and its not doing me any good health wise but thats another story. i feel ive been ignored by my advisor so have an apointment with my doc on monday for steroid injections in my knees so will talk to him about a letter then which when i get will be delivered to my job centre manager and hope he can install it on their computor. i was even under the person who deals with folks with a disabillity at the job centre who said i shouldnt be working at all because there are days when i really find it hard to walk. it just upset me a little to see they take no notice at all of what they have been told so hopefully they will sit up and take notice when i get a letter from my doctor. thanks again mate for calming me down quite a lot :wink:

My sympathies. I hope they sort out the people on JSA with reduced capabilities because of injury or illness. I reduced by travel to work time down to 60 minutes each way with an agreement with the Job Centre. I can't do 40 hours a week plus than more 5 hours travelling. I had to reduce my hours to 40 hours a week whilst working when I got to 51. I was too burned out and that was before I was injured and before arthritis.

Do the steroid injections work?

My sympathies. I hope they sort out the people on JSA with reduced capabilities because of injury or illness. I reduced by travel to work time down to 60 minutes each way with an agreement with the Job Centre. I can't do 40 hours a week plus than more 5 hours travelling. I had to reduce my hours to 40 hours a week whilst working when I got to 51. I was too burned out and that was before I was injured and before arthritis.

Do the steroid injections work?

yes the steroid injections do work but the pain never goe,s away. my knees just go from under me like one did last night and i ended up falling down the stairs. at least now i have my doctors note which states i cant do work where im standing or lifting so see what they say when i drop that in.

If only we could relax! The PWPS is effectively permanent now. The Help to Work scheme officially kicks in in April when we have to do 6 months of forced labour or sit in the Jobcentre staring at screens 5 days a week, but there'll be no rest from now on.

pwps is not permanent just for 6 months then you wait untill april and see if the work for your dole starts but even that is only for 6 months.

yes the steroid injections do work but the pain never goe,s away. my knees just go from under me like one did last night and i ended up falling down the stairs. at least now i have my doctors note which states i cant do work where im standing or lifting so see what they say when i drop that in.

I have this is my left elbow so I can suddenly drop things. Nerve conduction study awaited. I may be repetitive strain, cause not really known. Resting my left arm helps.

I ask my Doctor for a "Fit Note with reduced capacities" but he refused because it was not in his remit. He would sign a sickness note but not a fit note.

I have this is my left elbow so I can suddenly drop things. Nerve conduction study awaited. I may be repetitive strain, cause not really known. Resting my left arm helps.

I ask my Doctor for a "Fit Note with reduced capacities" but he refused because it was not in his remit. He would sign a sickness note but not a fit note.

my doctor gave me a note instantly and put on it no production line work or lifting. my right knee was the first to go and because i then needed to use my left leg more to get up that went soon after so now both knees are shot. working on a production line in the automotive industry for 5 years was what brought mine about and in my last months was taken off the lines by the company nurse. ihave a note for 2 weeks at the moment but will be extended next time as the only way my knees will get better is if they are replaced but my doc is saying im not old enough for this yet and im 60.

Just completed a 'rapid reclaim', for the last 4 and half weeks I've been off JSA to avoid MWA to look for work. Feel a bit ill now :(. Hopefully all the effort I have put in will pay off before DWP-JCP put me back on MWA.

How long do you reckon I got before they send me onto 'MWA'? A couple of weeks?

my doctor gave me a note instantly and put on it no production line work or lifting. my right knee was the first to go and because i then needed to use my left leg more to get up that went soon after so now both knees are shot. working on a production line in the automotive industry for 5 years was what brought mine about and in my last months was taken off the lines by the company nurse. ihave a note for 2 weeks at the moment but will be extended next time as the only way my knees will get better is if they are replaced but my doc is saying im not old enough for this yet and im 60.

Was that a fit to work note with restrictions?

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2584.aspx

Your assessment about whether your patient is fit for work is about their fitness for work in general and is not job-specific.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/183249/fitnote-gps-guidance.pdf PS: I do not think much of some of the examples. I found retail stores a reservoir of bullying.

I have asked him for another one. If I don't get a reply I am going to get another Doctor.

Edited by Perseus1

Was that a fit to work note with restrictions?

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2584.aspx

Your assessment about whether your patient is fit for work is about their fitness for work in general and is not job-specific.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/183249/fitnote-gps-guidance.pdf PS: I do not think much of some of the examples. I found retail stores a reservoir of bullying.

I have asked him for another one. If I don't get a reply I am going to get another Doctor.

yes was fit to work but with restrictions no lifting or standing for long periods. i have no problem with working its just i cant stand for long periods of time as my knees give me so much pain. i volunteer for the sally army 3 days a week but i can sit down maybe 90 % of the time so great for me and my knees. i had another steroid injection in my right knee yesterday so asked my doctor will you be giving me another fit note when my present one runs out and he said he didnt have a problem with that. i have now been told i dont have to attend the induction course on tuesday next or apply for the job doing 12 hour shifts on a production line which is good as i wouldnt of lasted an hour anyway.

Just completed a 'rapid reclaim', for the last 4 and half weeks I've been off JSA to avoid MWA to look for work. Feel a bit ill now :(. Hopefully all the effort I have put in will pay off before DWP-JCP put me back on MWA.

How long do you reckon I got before they send me onto 'MWA'? A couple of weeks?

hi dom86, as you most likely know at one time you could sign off and back on again to avoid the mwa but now all has changed and i reckon as you say it wont be long before they grab you again. i just completed mine with the sally army shop in our town and really enjoyed it as there were other people in the same boat and the manager was /is so good. i enjoyed it so much i now volunteer 3 days a week but each to their own i guess. 4 weeks is nothing when some of us have been out of work 3 years plus but good luck whichever way you go.

As I keep saying (and have written a letter to my MP to the effect

MWA should not be used for claimants who have a proven work history - END OF - that way it would actually work better for those who need this intervention. They would have more resources to use on those who need it most.

Oh, hang on, MWA is used by the Government to give Graduates 'placements' so it serves THEIR purpose in making sure the under 25s are not NEETS....

As I keep saying (and have written a letter to my MP to the effect

MWA should not be used for claimants who have a proven work history - END OF - that way it would actually work better for those who need this intervention. They would have more resources to use on those who need it most.

Oh, hang on, MWA is used by the Government to give Graduates 'placements' so it serves THEIR purpose in making sure the under 25s are not NEETS....

in a perfect world you are totally correct but in this country at the moment common sense is out of the window and banging your head against a brick wall seems to be the norm :wink:

My ex-husband is on ESA and has been on the WP (with Seetec) for 2 years this coming January. What happens then? Should he tell them he no longer needs to attend and stop going? Does him doing the 2 years while on ESA mean that he doesn't have to do any more?