Student Loan - think it maybe overpaid

Lilythepink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

with whom SLC?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

student loan company.

need lots more info

when is the loan from

how many years did you defer

how many years have you been paying since your wages were over £15k?

are you paying SLC , not link or thesis or anyone else

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did overpaid mine last year too, I called them and was told it was probably paid but they continued taking it for a year...basically they base this on what you tell them you pay each month but until they have the proof from the tax man that its actually be taken out of your salary they keep taking it.

You can see your balance on there website if you log in.

They were basically 2 years behind with my information from PAYE - send them copies if your last few P60s and they will post you a cheque for any monies over paid...send it recorded cause they 'lost' 3 of my letters (2 of which were recorded!).

• Confused 1

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

I did eventually - they said they didn't get first letter, they signed for the following 2 copies and said they'd never had those either so I wrote an official complaint and within 3 weeks had a cheque for over £700! Then a month later a response from the complaint saying they'd honoured my refund and a cheque for £12 to cover my phone bill (I'd sent them a letter and said it was ridiculous to pay to use their service).

I dislike that they can take over-repayments but you have to challenge it to get it back and they don't give you interest yet every day that you owe them they add in interest...something which is not made clear when you take out student loans! - it's said to be 'free money' but 4k cost me 7k to pay back however it's dressed up.

Rant over - good luck!

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

I will get in touch with them, because I have overpaid, I know I have. So thank you for the advice. Why do this to students, when there are no jobs etc.

thank you again

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)