BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2544 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello can anybody advise ?

I was wrongly accused of fare evasion on a first capital connect train, a court summons date was sent through and I intended to plead not guilty, however I have communicated with the prosecutions dept and they have agreed to settle out of court. It has been very stressful But I am just so relieved it is all over.............except they inform me that the court case on the said date will still go ahead and that they will have a representative there who will stand up and say case withdrawn when my case comes up. I have had nothing in writing from them and due to how this whole episode has come about am completely distrustful of the justice system, has anybody else had experience of this procedure, because it seems odd to me that they would waste time and money like this when I would have thought it more sensible to just cancel the court case.

any advice would be appreciated

Yes this is normal, if you have settled out of court then the prosecutor from FCC will simply inform the court on the day, the reason for this is that FCC will no doubt have several cases to prosecute on that day so they still have to attend court for those. Hope this gives you peace of mind.

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.

Yes this is normal, if you have settled out of court then the prosecutor from FCC will simply inform the court on the day, the reason for this is that FCC will no doubt have several cases to prosecute on that day so they still have to attend court for those. Hope this gives you peace of mind.

thank you very much , this is all new to me, I appreciate your comments

hello can anybody advise ?

I was wrongly accused of fare evasion on a first capital connect train, a court summons date was sent through and I intended to plead not guilty, however I have communicated with the prosecutions dept and they have agreed to settle out of court. It has been very stressful But I am just so relieved it is all over.............except they inform me that the court case on the said date will still go ahead and that they will have a representative there who will stand up and say case withdrawn when my case comes up. I have had nothing in writing from them and due to how this whole episode has come about am completely distrustful of the justice system, has anybody else had experience of this procedure, because it seems odd to me that they would waste time and money like this when I would have thought it more sensible to just cancel the court case.

any advice would be appreciated

If you were 'wrongly accused' and 'intended to plead not-guilty', why have you agreed an out of Court settlement?

This settlement will remain on record with the TOC as a previous report should you be detected travelling without a valid ticket at any time in the future

An out of court settlement like this is pretty much an admission of guilt, without you actually saying "im guilty". It's similar to the silly American "no contest" plea.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

I have to agree an out of court settlement in these circumstances in a way is pretty much an admission of guilt and will be kept on record.

You really need to think about this.

could I ask what is your main reason for the out of court settlement rather than pleading not guilty and producing your evidence to back that up

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If your not guilty, why sell your self. Even f you were found guilty doesn't mean you are..

Im rather puzzled too, many people on here admit they were fare evading and agree to an out of court settlement but if you believe you are innocent it is a bit odd to agree to one, could you explain a bit more, did you have a genuine ticket, etc ?

Andy