BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Served on 16 Feb.   On reviewing the MCOL website today for an updated, I noticed that 1) Hermes has aknowledged the claim, but not yet filed a defence, and 2) that I there was a glitch / error on the form. Essentially, it looks like I had accidentally left the "I will send detailed particulars of claim" box ticke (I thought I had unticked it), with the result that the claim section has been truncated, and some extra text has automatcially been added - in red below):   "...Claimant seeks £XXX, plus I will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of..."   This is obviously not ideal. Is it better to try to amend the claim somehow, or to just submit a brief POC that a) clarifies that I am seeking £XXX plus costs (which was automatically truncated), and b) sets out my calculation of the £XXX?  
    • Hi   It amazes me how they pass the buck as they don't want to deal with a private homeowner but if the shoe was on the other foot they would be hammering down on you for breach of tenancy.   As this is council housing you need to make a Formal Complaint in writing to the Council Housing about this (as a social housing landlord they have a complaints process they have to follow). you need to exhaust their complaints process. Make sure and title your letter Formal Complaint.   From what you have posted this tree is not just a nuisance but also a Health & Safety risk:   1. The tree being overgrown is now a danger to the occupants/Guest/Visitors to your property   2. The tree has overgrown into the Council Housings Boundaries your property causing damage/endangerment to the occupants/guest/visitors.   3. As the roots of the tree are also overgrown into your property you have concerns that these may be causing/damaging to any underground pipework that may be within the boundray of the property.   4. So far the Councils actions have been to treat their Council Housing tenant as a third class citizen with a private homeowner aloud to cause endangerment/possible damage due to these overgrown trees which are encroaching on your council house property/bounderies.   You also require clarification why you were sent the Healthy Neighbourhood Information which states I have to pay £375 to make a complaint. (make sure and attach a copy of the response that states this cost)   You also require copies of the following:   1. Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) 2. Customer Service Standard (not the leaflet) 3. Health & Safety Policy (not the leaflet) 4. Public Liability Insurance Policy. (not the leaflet) 5. Clarification from you if their is any underground pipeworks running through the bounderies within the garden area (you should have full knowledge of this it being your property/plans) 6. Compensation Policy (not the leaaflet) 7. Equality & Diversity Policy (not the leaflet)   When you get the above policies sit with a pen/pencil/highlighter and take you time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' if not mark it then leave it for a while then do the same again this way you can basically throw/write back stating the haven't followed x policy with which part of that policy and your reason. (you are building evidence to use against them using their own policies. I would also like to refer you to The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provision) Act 1976: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1976/57/part/I/crossheading/dangerous-trees-and-excavations     You need to remember yes it is the Council but the Council Housing is a separate entity and is a Registered Social Landlord (RSL)   Is the Council Housing classed as a registered Charity? (what is their registration number whether charity or RSL?)   Also have a wee look at this CAG link:     
    • @rocky_sharma   Fame at last!!   Dunno how much help it would be in your case, but I could try digging out the txt of my defence if you think it might be relevant to your defence. We might hafta do this via PM, then e-mail though if ya wanna go down that route.   Good luck with yours anyway mate.
    • The car finance firm, owned by Provident Financial, voluntarily handed the money to all 5,933 customers potentially affected by the breaches, which occurred between April 1, 2014 and October 4, 2017. It was also fined £2.77m by the Financial Conduct Authority for the way it behaved. The FCA said Moneybarn's actions meant more than 1,400 customers, many of whom were vulnerable, defaulted on their loans after entering into 'unsustainable short-term repayment plans'. This meant that they were punished with extra fees and charges, which many could not afford. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-8013573/Moneybarn-pays-30m-customers-failing-treat-fairly.html   dx  
  • Our picks

charlie 1102

Link Financial Outsourcing & MBNA 'debt'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2555 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I hope somebody can help me.

I have a debt of c £2,700 which I presume Link bought from MBNA.

I have been paying £15 per month for over 10 years and they have now all of a sudden started telephoning me.

I dont know how they have my number as it is ex directory and in a different name to the debt.

I no longer work and am disabled and really cannot afford the £15 but keep paying just to try to pay the debt off.

I owe over £30k in total as I had to give up work due to ill health and I have two very small children also.

I have MS and this is making me ill with worry.

Please can somebody help and give me some advice.

I have sent the letter asking them to confirm that they own the debt but I am now frightened to answer the phone in case its them.

Help help help please.

Thank you

Charlie

Do you think I would be better declaring bankruptcy?

Dealt with these idiots a few years back. I wrote to them and told them to ensure all correspondence was in writing and NOT phone.

I'm sure someone with more experience on bankruptcy etc - but have you sent the request to see your docs from them? CCA? SAR?

mail@linkfinancial.co.uk (Make a new gmail or hotmail address first before emailing them and DON'T use your personal email address - they will hassle you on it)

Link Financial Outsourcing, PO Box 30095, London, SE1 7WU

Hi

Yes I sent that letter straight away but at the moment their mail goes to my parent's address they haven't got my new address but I cant understand how they managed to find my new phone number. I have changed name and address since the debt started (marriage).

I am paying them more than I should be when I work out with National Debtline my ins and outs and money for creditors

Can I just ignore them and keep paying the £15 and if I do will they go away?

Thanks

Charlie

Problem is all applications you make have address and phone number on them - all reported back to CRA's - all available if DCA's go digging around. And they do.

You say you PRESUME Link bought from MBNA? Have you got evidence? Have you sent SAR - what did it say?

Don't panic - debt isn't a crime. These idiots prey on frightening people.

to me knowing link you are being cash cowed here

prob owe nothing.

have you ever sent them a CCA request?

as for ALL you debts can you lst them please

and who you are paying please

also get a copy of your cra file

see below.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Hi

Sent CCA request last week.

As well as Link I owe

Wescot/MBNA £11100,

Wescot/Sainsburys £11,000 ish,

MINT £8,700.

I have just closed my Nat west account as Mint were looking at all trEbay or Amazon and telling me I was incompetent with money!

I buy the children second hand clothes on ebay and use Amazon when the children are sent vouchers. :(

Thanks for your help.

Charlie

get that cra file done please

how long have you been paying these other debts too?

i take you got spoofed by threat-o-grams

then statred paying them all?

dx

Hi

I've been paying the Link/Wescot MBNA for over 10 years and have probably been paying the other two for 4 years.

I was keeping up the repayments on them (loan and credit card) until I found out I was pregnant with my second child

and had to give up work for maternity leave,

I telephoned them both and they reduced the payments for me but my MS got worse and I couldnt go back to work hence here I am in this situation.

I do have a car but I need it to run my children to school and the childminder as I am unable to walk very far.

Charlie

Have you had annual statements on this account.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

sorry why are you mentioning your car?

as for the debts

get a CCA request off to everyone you are being made to pay.

dx

Hi

I'm mentioning the car because its the only asset that I have. I live in rented accomodation and have no savings they can take off me but I do own a car and I really need it and am worried they will send somebody to sieze it to repay them. :(

Thanks

Charlie

Hi

I'm mentioning the car because its the only asset that I have. I live in rented accomodation and have no savings they can take off me but I do own a car and I really need it and am worried they will send somebody to sieze it to repay them. :(

Thanks

Charlie

right lets blow a few things out the water here.

LINK are a Debt Collection Agency.

NO DCA is a BAILIFF

and they DO NOT HAVE ANY SUCH LEGAL POWERS

whatever you've been told, most prob on the phone by these people

they would NEVER repeat in a letter as they KNOW its a LIE

link esp will lie, cheat, deceive, blag

or use ANY TACTIC to make you pay them...

wanna know WHERE the money you pay them goes..

.http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property_news/news/millionairedebtcollectordigsdeepinsouthkensington.html

as for your CAR

NO-ONE not even a BAILIFF can take you car for a civil debt

that it is not secured against.

you SERIOUSLY need to have a read around the forums here

and get wise.

dx

Hi

Thank you so mu ch everyone for your help. I can get back to them fully armed now. I must say I did sleep better last night knowing someone wasnt going to come up and take my car. Do they need to get a CCJ ? against me for that to happen???

Thanks

Charlie

as above

they can never take your car.

dx