style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We found a holiday advertised at £1212 for 2 people (£606 each) from Newcastle to Sharm El Sheikh. The holiday was advertised at £606pp (not from) and the agent quoted us £1212 in total for 2 people over the phone but this did not include bags & transfers. he then asked if we would like to add bags and transfers and we said yes...

that brought the total to £1475 which to me seems a hell of a lot more just for those 2 things!

so he said he would search for a package holiday with the airline provider Thompson and that was quoted at £682pp. I said I still thought £76pp was a lot to pay extra for bags and transfer and asked him to call me back in 15min.

I then searched online for low cost transfers which started from about £7pp return on a shared bus (40min journey) or higher for private etc

When hen he rang back I asked if we could pay for the holiday without bags and transfers because we could sort our own transfers and contact the airline ourselves to pay for hold bags, he said we would still be paying more than the package holiday if we did that, he said the package holiday at £685pp is the cheapest we would get and that broadway travel only make "£10 per head" so we finally agreed and paid that amount thinking we were paying more for hold bags and private transfers.

Once I got off the phone I saw the holiday advertised on Thompson for £635 including 15kg baggage and transfers! I immediately rang them back but they said the payment had been made and there was nothing they could do. I came to terms with paying the extra £94 thinking we probably have 20kg bag allowange which would be £44 extra for both of us but when I got my flight details this morning we only have the 15kg allowance! There was no mention on the phone of it being just 15 and we weren't asked if we wanted more (they offer 20kg and 25kg if you pay extra)

after contacting them about this I spoke to a supervisor who confirmed that we could have had the holiday for £606pp if we had said no to bags and transfers which I had asked the agent on the phone and was told it would cost more that the package!!

So it looks like we could have booked our own 20kg bags and own transfers at a fraction of the cost if the agen hadt not told us we can't book the holiday at that price because when according to the supervisor we could.

also the supervisor hung up on my boyfriend on the phine and has not responded to my email after that call, seriously unprofessional. Sadly I can't cancel the holiday as they would keep 90-100% of the whole payment if I do!

We paid on debit card which cost £2, don't mind that charge because I know what it's for but to be charged over £100 exra on your holiday is not a good start considering I should be excited and happy that we booked up.

Edited by paulabeargrylls

The holiday may have bee with thompsons but the agency charge on top of that, lots of holidays are advertised but when you call about them thaey charge extra for luggage and transfers I dont think there is anything you can do just enjoy the holiday

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I work in Travel and I've never agreed with lead in prices.I sell and the price I give to a potential client will be the full price the only extra is the credit/debit card which I charge 2.25% and 40p on a debit card.I get so annoyed by these practices sadly when the low cost carrier came into being luggage and other parts of a flight were stripped away then added on at an extra cost partly because people wanted to travel with hand luggage didn't want the in flight meal etc.Transfers are cheaper on a shared one but if a private one booked more expensive also luggage with some carriers is approx 25-30 pound each way.You could complain to them that it's false advertising but if it stated in the ad 'from',there is not a lot you can do obviously the person you spoke to put you off going somewhere else by the comments it would cost more because they wanted the sale.Maybe if you paid by credit card your provider if you can have a refund as what you wanted to pay for was the price advertised not what they told you on the phone.Trading Standards you could telephone them if you feel so strongly about it.Then again the Travel Company might come back at you stating that you had a choice to buy it or leave it.The company in question has been around for a long time.Best of luck whatever your choice.

Hi

This is the link to Broadway Travel: www.broadwaytravel.com/

Did you read there Terms and Conditions please look at: Payments, Additional Charges, Baggage, Transfers, Inflight Meals, Call recording, Insurance, Complaints

Broadway Travel Terms and Conditions PDF:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes watch out for lead in companies your flight will go from say £472.00 to £530.00 + credit card charges also some even charge 2% on Debit , cards I was caught year before last on that one, although I got £25.00 back I was still out of pocket. after i COMPLAINED AT THE TIME AS NOT TOLD UNTIL RECEIVED INVOICE.

And again I complained after return to u.k. as at the airport I went to check in and was told I am not on that flight they were dealing with, I said yes I am on this flight and have a connection onwards to the far east, oh! please go over there for now, after waiting and watching the flight check in nearly full the man came over and took me to a supervisor pointed out that the destination on 1st part of my ticket was correct but the flight number related to another airport, and it was obvious I would be 500 miles away from my connection for on-wards travel, luckily it got sorted and I check in on that flight, after complaining on return I was told they are not responsible and a Force mature was in existence think that was what it was called, so no apologies or anything for the stress. then dam me flight in middle east delayed as we watched work being carried out on the wings of a 747 and we set off 3.5 hours late.

By the way I got there in the end, BUT never use your u.k. phone (orange) to text to the far east FROM THE MIDDLE EAST to let driver know you will be late the text cost £4.65. and a charge to the person over there.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Thanks for you reply.

The holiday was advertised at £606pp (not from) and the agent quoted us £1212 in total for 2 people over the phone but this did not include bags & transfers. he then asked if we would like to add bags and trans and we said yes, that brought the total to £1475 which to me seems a hell of a lot more just for those 2 things so he said he would search for a package holiday with the airline provider Thompson and that was quoted at £682pp. I said I still thought £76pp was a lot extra to pay for bags and transfers so I asked him to call me back in 15min. I then searched online for low cost transfers which started from about £7pp return on a shared bus (40min journey) or higher for private etc

So when hen he rang back I asked if we could pay for the holiday without bags and transfers because we could sort our own transfers and contact the airline ourselves to pay for hold bags, he said we would still be paying more than the package holiday if we did that and the package holiday at £685pp is the cheapest we would get and that broadway travel only make "£10 per head" so we finally agreed and paid that amount.

Once I got off the phone I saw the holiday advertised on Thompson for £635 including 15kg baggage and transfers! I immediately rang them back but they said the payment had been made and there was nothing they could do. I came to terms with paying the extra £94 thinking we probably have 20kg bag allowange which would be £44 extra for both of us but when I got my flight details this morning we only have the 15kg allowance! There was no mention on the phone of it being just 15 and we weren't asked if we wanted more (they offer 20kg and 25kg if you pay extra)

after contacting them about this I spoke to a supervisor called Lynne who confirmed that we could have had the holiday for £606pp if we had said no to bags and transfers which I had asked the agent on the phone and was told it would cost more. So it looks like we could have booked our own 20kg bags and own transfers at a fraction of the cost had the agent not told us we can't book the holiday at that price when according to the supervisor we could.

wow that sounds like you had a complete nightmare, I can only imagine the stress they caused you and it's terrible that they didn't even offer an apology. You were lucky to get there it seems, the repairs to the lane would have freaked me out! The supervisor actually hung up on my boyfriend as I passed the phone to him and he started to explain why we weren't happy. After that I just haven't bothered ringing her back but I sent an email insted which she hasn't replied to.

Hi

Ask them to provide you with a copy of the call recording of your booking arrangements.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I know it's a very long read :-s

found holiday at £606pp (1212 for 2 of us), newcastle to ras un sid in sharm el sheikh (not far from the airport) Rang the company advertising it on teletext (broadway travel) and told when bags and transfers are added it comes to £737.50pp (1475 in total). Hmm that seems a lot. He searched for a package deal and got £682pp (£1364 for 2 persons) still a lot more than £1212, so I asked if we can book the hotel, flights and bags but not the transfers as we can arrange our own transfers, he replied "you're not physically paying for bags because it's included in the cost, but if I do it the other way for you, where you can have one bag instead of 2 it's working out at £1475 so it's more expensive."

Now I don't think he even searched for the price without transfers included for booking it all separate because he quoted me the exact same price as with transfers and I don't know why he said "one bag instead of two" either. I don't think we were actually quoted for the original holiday with just bags added which is what I wanted to book instead of the package and that's what I was asking him. I was lead to believe that it is still £1475 even just to add 2 bags onto the flight. so that's "£263" just for 2 hold bags return flights Newcastle to Egypt with Thompson airlines... £131.50 per hold bag? On their website it's £36pp return to add 20kg so that is a hell of a difference you must agree?

then I said "so if I add baggage the price goes up by hundreds of pounds?" he replied "on the holiday you originally quoted it's all separate...flights are Thompson, hotel is with lowcostbeds.com and transfers are with holiday taxis. I then said "so I can't cut out the whole transfer company at all? Is that what you're saying?" he replied "if you want to it's going to cost you more than a package."

I then booked it believing it was cheaper to book as a package, we were never informed of what weight baggage we had nor asked if we want extra, we were not told weather we had in-flight meals nor asked if we wanted them, he just said at the very end "if meals are included are any of you vegetarian?" So I believed he didn't have any knowledge of meals and we did not have a choice over weather we had meals or not. We were never asked if we were flexible with dates to travel for cheaper flights or anything. We were told the company only makes "£10 per head on bookings" so we were only paying £20 more than booking with Thompson although the second I got off the phone to him the package was advertised with Thompson at £634pp not £672pp

Once the flight details were emailed the next day and I found out we only had 15kg hold baggage allowance for 2 weeks, I rang up to complain because it would cost us £44 to add another 5kg which we do need exclusive of hand luggage allowance. I was told by the supervisor that we could have booked the holiday without the transfers included or the bags included and added them ourselves later at a fraction of the cost but the agent we spoke to did not say that, we were only ever quoted £1475 for the original holiday we contacted them about.

please help, we feel that we have been mislead misinformed and ended up being ripped off for our holiday.

out of curiosity I rang today and spoke to a different agent who asked if we were flexible on dates and found the flights with Thompson were much cheaper to fly 2 days later, she said the in-flight meal was £16pp and she could remove that for us, told she could remove the excess baggage and that would make it 15kg plus 5kg hold bag so we were informed of that. She said the transfers were at a high price so she would remove those and she informed us that taxi's from the airport would only be about £6/7 anyway, this time we were quoted £609 for the whole holiday and we have paid £682pp now I know holiday prices change but in this case everything was done to what we wanted and we were fully informed about everything prior to deciding that we want to book it.

I am hoping there is some sort of rule about being quoted prices you ask for and alo baggage allowance and in light meals transfers etc. The first agent wouldn't tell us the seperate costs of transfers and baggage for the original non package holiday we enquired about.

This is from their terms and conditions

"Baggage

Hand Baggage is included Free of charge. There is no Hold Baggage included in your holiday cost unless

otherwise stated. If you would like to add Baggage to your reservation please contact us on 0871 716 1004.

Transfers

There are no transfers included in your holiday cost unless otherwise stated. On arrival at your destination

you will normally find taxis just outside the terminal building. To avoid getting overcharged it is advisable to

agree a cost before you take the journey. If you would like to add Transfers to your reservation please

contact us on 0871 716 1004.

Inflight Meals

Please note inflight meals are not included in the price stated unless otherwise advised at the time of

booking.

Therefore we could have booked the holiday at the original price quoted by the agent and ourselves "£606pp" without bags and transfers which would have been much cheaper for us to arrange our own.

T&C...

Our responsibility for your booking

Your contract is with the supplier and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for

the actual provision of the arrangements. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in

accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the arrangements

that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis

whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of your booking (or the appropriate

proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for

death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst

acting in the course of their employment.

The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 Council Directive 90/314/EEC

"the organizer of the package and/or the retailer of it should be under obligation to ensure that in descriptive matter relating to packages which they respectively

organize and sell, the information which is given is not misleading and brochures made available to consumers contain information which is comprehensible and accurate;"

Article 3

1. Any descriptive matter concerning a package and supplied by the organizer or the retailer to the consumer, the price of the package and any other conditions applying to the contract must not contain any misleading information.

also...

Descriptive matter relating to packages must not be misleading

4.—(1) No organiser or retailer shall supply to a consumer any descriptive matter concerning a package, the price of a package or any other conditions applying to the contract which contains any misleading information.

(2) If an organiser or retailer is in breach of paragraph (1) he shall be liable to compensate the consumer for any loss which the consumer suffers in consequence.

and also we were not given any of this information prior...

Information to be provided before contract is concluded

7.—(1) Before a contract is concluded, the other party to the contract shall provide the intending consumer with the information specified in paragraph (2) below in writing or in some other appropriate form.

(2) The information referred to in paragraph (1) is:—

(a)general information about passport and visa requirements which apply to British Citizens who purchase the package in question, including information about the length of time it is likely to take to obtain the appropriate passports and visas;

(b)information about health formalities required for the journey and the stay; and

©the arrangements for security for the money paid over and (where applicable) for the repatriation of the consumer in the event of insolvency.

(3) If the intending consumer is not provided with the information required by paragraph (1) in accordance with that paragraph the other party to the contract shall be guilty of an offence and liable:—