• Tweets

• Hello all,    I have received a letter from Advantis in regards to an overpayment of carers allowance I received when I got a job whilst I was caring for my mother. I did not know I had to inform them etc.    Long story short, I had a compliance phonecall with carers and nothing more was said.    I stopped caring for my mum shortly after and cancelled my carers allowance too.    I was employed for 4 months at the beginning of 2018.    Apparently the DWP and carers have sent letters but I haven't responded so they've gone through Advantis to recover the amount owed. I moved house shortly after cancelling everything and had no contact from them at all.    They sent letters to my previous address so they told me that's why it's been passed onto Advantis.    Today DWP told me that the only thing they can do is take payment in full, or deal with Advantis to come up with a payment plan.    I spoke to Advantis who asked me to pay in full or in two installments, I refused and they then said they've put my account on hold for 30 days whilst I go away and work out my monthly income etc so they can go through an affordability assessment to work out how much I can pay back and how often.      What shall I do? DWP tell me there's nothing they can do as it's been passed onto Advantis.    Advantis tell me they are working on behalf of the DWP... Nobody will tell me who owns the debt.     What shall I do?    Thank you all in advance for your amazing help.     
    • Hi, I have just received a pcn from Euro Car Parks saying that my car was in one of their car parks for 13 mins without making a payment. The reason being is that my husband was waiting for me, but where he thought I would only be 5 mins I was longer because of health issues and I had to take a rest. As if this wasn't enough, unbelievably I have just received ANOTHER notice saying I had not paid for a ticket on the 9th of September. I would like to mention the car park charges are so cheap, at £1:20 all day, it would be insane not to pay. We have used this car park only around 4 times and have always paid, excepting th time the car was waiting for 13mins. What a shock I have got receiving these notices. I wonder if I accidentally keyed in my registration incorrectly? Please can someone advise.
    • I also have a similar problem with Advantis for DWP overpayment of carers allowance. I've only just moved into my own house and they've sent a letter asking for my whereabouts and a business matter that needs my urgent attention. I have found out from the DWP and carers that I owe £1,131 and Advantis want me to go through an affordability assessment.    I am not sure who owns the debt, DWP or Advantis and where I stand with this 
    • I've just had this emailed from CarMoney. I'm so confused, I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing and with whom. "Apologies for the delay in response. I have spoken to Oodle regarding the complaint and unfortunatly, they would require an independent report to be carried out on the vehicle. The burden of proof would lie with yourself.   I can certainly help by giving you the details of Scotia, who is the company that we use."   Everything I've read says that I did the right thing by exercising my rights under the CRA 2015 with the dealer. That was done within the six-months, so the burden of proof should be on the dealer still? Or am I completely wrong??
    • Heard nothing for 6 & half years until last week. A big fat letter from Barclays upholding my PPI claim which had gone to the Ombudsman (news to me) and enclosing all the waffle and finally at the end a cheque for £3659.20 and advising that £454.85 was taxed - this I can reclaim as I don't pay tax currently.
  • Our picks

jamga100

MBNA Aktiv Kapital

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2082 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I had a virgin credit card which I stopped payiing last autumn2012 due to financial difficulties.

They sent me a letter around xmas time to say they had passed my debt on to Aktiv Capital.

Around a month later I started getting frequent calls from Aktiv Capital, but just kept fobbing them off, saying they had phoned at an inconvenient time.

After reading one of your blogs

I refused to give them information over the phone.

That very day I received a letter from them asking for the full amount.

Activ phoned me again that afternoon saying they had sent at least two letters,

and that I had to deal with them over the phone as that it is how they always deal with customers.

They suggested (even though I wouldn't comment) that I pay the amount in full, or if not over 3 monthly payments.

I did comment that if I had been able to then I would have paid Virgin, but I wanted to see

comunication in writing before agreeing to comment further !

HELP !! what should i do now please.

many thanks

Jamga

hi jamga

stay off that phone!!

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have no such LEGAL POWERS.

have you ever looked at your CRA file

see below

let start getting some info together.

was this virgin card admin'd by MBNA par chance?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi,

Yes it was a virgin mbna card.

Just tried to log in to that account with virgin. It is now closed with a zero balance. However Aktiv Kapital say they are dealing with my account.

Ive also just tried to register to check my CRA but couldn't verify me?

Should I email them ?

Thank you once again:???:

Jamga

email who?

there are hundreds of lemon MBNA debts

farmed out to AK

i'll move your thread to the MBNA forum

so's you can browse there..

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Hi

Sorry I meant the CRA company Noddle as they couldn't verify me

regards

Jamga :???:

you could do yes

but do the others work ok?

dx

spreadsheets 

Hello and Happy New Year !

Well that old friend Activ Kapital are rearing their head again...

I ignored them on the phone, and that seemed to work for a few months.

However had phone calls again over the last couple of weeks.

I have refused to talk to them, but did check my credit file with Noddle

and they do appear as the lender on this credit card.

Shoul I panic and try and come to an agreement or continue to ignore ?

Help !!

best regards

Jamga

when did you take the card out?

dx

spreadsheets 

sent them a cca request

dx

spreadsheets