HELP with getting default dates changed or gone

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2752 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have now lodged my complaint with the fos, I will keep you updated thanks for the advice its really helped.

Its about time the government set laws instead of guidelines on what financial companies should adhere to, we the consumer have to adhere to rules and regulations but not the credit companies ...............

Stand up for the little man !

Dont take no for a final answer until every nook and cranny has been explored :wink:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:sad:Hi, yes I spoke to the ICO and they said that there is currently a 30 day wait for cases to be allocated to a case officer. Mine should be dealt with this week. In saying that, you are right, I might as well get the letters sent and get the ball rolling in relation to court now, I have nothing to loose by doing it now. So you think I should send the same as Opus to to equifax and experian, giving them all 7 days to correct it? Do I need to add postage time to the 7 days? Should I again explain all the ins and outs of my findingnes in my letter and then give them the 7 day warning or should I just keep it brief, giving a 7 day warning as per my previous correspondance? Is there a set wording for these warning letters or not? I have been in my job for the last 11 years so not been for another job, I have not applied for credit lately, the last time was beginning of 09 - I was declined by my own bank when we tried to get a new deal on our existing mortgage which had expired on the fixed rate... I haven't tried since (apart from mobile contact which I was accepted for), because I haven't wanted to have loads of searches on my report. We have a 15% deposit for a new build house in an area that we have been wanting to move to for many years and we keep checking if they are selling and, they are sadly selling fast, so the longer this default stays on my file, the less chance we have of moving to this site. I am just trying to be realistic and I am doubting we stand a chance of obtaining a mortgage from high street lenders with a default on my file, so have just avoided trying yet as if I can get this default resolved, all would be clean on my file. Thanks for all of your help, much appreciated.

Yes short sharp ''warning'' letters to all parties with 7 days to comply.

You are correct about the mortgage app, it will be a bar to acceptance

even the sub prime market is cautious these days.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Just to let everyone know, Opus upheld my complaint SUCCESS at last! It has been removed from Experian and Equifax, just waiting for Noddle to update now!! Whats more, in response to my letter informing them I am going to take it to court, not only did they uphold my complaint, they offered me £100 compensation. Thanks for all of your help and best wishes to everyone else with these on going issues x

Well that's a good result and some financial redress too!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all just and update with my defaults status, I am happy to report I have had 3 out of 4 removed up to now just awaiting the results of the 4th one :-) just goes to show with perseverance the little person can win and even if one company says no DONT give up :-)

Dont take no for a final answer until every nook and cranny has been explored :wink:

Fantasic news well done you :-o

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

• 4 weeks later...

Hi update on my status is I have sucessfully haf 4 out of 4 defaults removed it was worth all the lengthy letters process thanks for all your help on here :-)

Hi update on my status is I have sucessfully haf 4 out of 4 defaults removed it was worth all the lengthy letters process thanks for all your help on here :-)

Very good result!!