Care Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter was visiting a friend at her apartment and didn't realise that she had to get a permit.

She received a ticket off care parking.

They wrote to me as the registered keeper and I have replied stating that I wasn't the driver but they have quoted Protection of Freedom act

stating that this is no longer accepted as a defense.

I have successfully fought several PPC's in the past but before the protection of freedom act.

Any indication of where to go with this one now would be appreciated.

defense my foot!

you can safely ignore them

it makes no odds in all reality the changes

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You could make it difficult for them and ask them for a copy of the contract that allows thm to claim parking charge son behalf of the LL as you need this for your defence. If they cannot supply this, then nay future correspondence will regarded as harassment which is a criminal offence. :-)

Could you explain this a little more please and what is LL. thanks

LL = LandLord

The jist of the request for sight of the contract is that you are challenging the fact that they have any (contractual) right to operate the carpark on behalf of the landlord and specifically, notwithstanding they can "operate" it, that when someone breaks one of their little made up rules, that they can pursue the driver legally.

LL = LandLord

The jist of the request for sight of the contract is that you are challenging the fact that they have any (contractual) right to operate the carpark on behalf of the landlord and specifically, notwithstanding they can "operate" it, that when someone breaks one of their little made up rules, that they can pursue the driver legally.

I ahve read a lot about the POPLA and the 35 day so called appeal rule. Would you say it's worth persuing that line as they have not sent me an appeal code as believe they are supposed to.

Also in the POF act is failure to pay there invoice classed as reasonable cause?

I ahve read a lot about the POPLA and the 35 day so called appeal rule. Would you say it's worth persuing that line as they have not sent me an appeal code as believe they are supposed to.

Also in the POF act is failure to pay there invoice classed as reasonable cause?

Take the advice and ignore!

Don't ignore. POPLA may be a joke but this is a new procedure backed by DVLA, BPA and legislation, weak and useless legislation but non the less. More ppcs are trying their luck with N1 forms at present. Follow protocol, appeal to PPC then to POPLA, Then send a cease and desist letter threatening charges for any direct or third party letters. It's court or nothing. Now ignore. In the unlikely event of a court hearing, you have done your bit and it will show favour. But once again, court is extremely unlikely

Certain PPC's ( including Parking Eye) seem very reluctant to issue POPLA codes and resort to stalling tactics, such as asking for "proof" that somebody has used the shops on site. This seems to suggest that PPCs are not very happy with going down the POPLA route, because it costs them money, and latest figures indicating that about 60% of appeals are upheld in favour of the motorist.