housing benefit

Flower13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They should contact the council that pays the HB and inform them of the change in circumstances. The council will stop the claim and pay any arrears due.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well, probably not, if they are stopping the claim completely. The council should say if they need anything.

That's assuming they no longer wish to claim any HB at all. If they wanted to keep claiming while he worked, I presume the council would want to see proof of income.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

is there not a 4 week follow on period for HB when a claimant gets a job? and 2 weeks benefit follow on? or have they took that away as well now?

is there not a 4 week follow on period for HB when a claimant gets a job? and 2 weeks benefit follow on? or have they took that away as well now?

The four week run on for HB is still available (for now) under certain circumstances, though we'd need more information to say if it applies here. There's also the Job Grant which is available, again, under certain circumstances, to people starting work after claiming JSA, ESA and IS.

In 2009 when I went back to work after several months of job hunting, we nearly ended up being homeless as we could not pay the rent until the end of the month and then we also had to pay the one month in advance. We had to live from day to day and struggled for petrol money to get to work. However if you fail to notify them and they find out you are in even bigger trouble. basically it becomes a Catch 22 situation!

This is why I thought to ask here because they were not sure what to do if they tell the hb to soon and things go bad or if they wait a bit more and hb makes it worse with charges!!!! They wanted to know after what time or how many days or weeks of work they should notify

Thx regards

This is why I thought to ask here because they were not sure what to do if they tell the hb to soon and things go bad or if they wait a bit more and hb makes it worse with charges!!!! They wanted to know after what time or how many days or weeks of work they should notify

Thx regards

they should tell them straight away

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Thx regards

They should notify as soon as possible if he's already started the job. There's no good reason to wait, since they don't want to be overpaid if it's at all avoidable. Overpayments are an annoyance to deal with.

Tell them straight away they will also calculate on his expected earnings as to whether you may still be entitled to claim any housing benefit still. They will give you a form to give to the employer to fill in 'expected' earnings until April 2013 and they will reassess your claim before cancelling. They should do anyway its what they declare openly as doing x if you go to direct gov website benefits section you can do a preliminary check to see if you are still entitled and if so print it out and take it with you as more often than not housing benefit make mistakes with calculations x hope that helps

Cabot Financial they came they didn't stay and they left rather quickly

Lloyds Tsb - bye bye

Lowell Financial - bye bye

:whoo::whoo::lol::lol:

When I started working my local council said they wanted me to bring my first couple of pay slips in so they could calculate if I was still entitled to any housing benefit. Even now (6 months later) I take the pay slips in as them it stays as an open claim (even for just a few £'s a week) and is just a case of a re-calculation rather than a reclaim!!

Feebee_71