style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an insurance backed guarantee with the above. I didn't know for the last eight years as the insurance company who fitted our windows and doors didn't leave us details. Fensa put us onto the above who confirmed we have a policy with them.

Mid jan our font door lock failed, and we couldn't open the door. QANW insisted we fill out a claim form they were sending us and post it back. They would then check our policy and if we were covered, send someone out to investigate and instigate a repair if it wasn't down to misuse or wear and tear. I pointed out our front door was needed for health and safety, and they said I could get someone myself to fix it and send them a copy of the invoice with the claim form.

I did this, got it fixed and sent it all off. I'm. Still waiting for them to confirm if the claim is covered, they are claiming to be waiting for a report from the guy who fixed the door outlining the cause of fault. They say they will only so this via writing and they say they won't phone him to request the information to speed it up. He told me he had nothing by post and he has emailed them at the address I have supplied him. They say they still haven't got anything. Is this a delaying tactic?

He said this is the first time anyone has ever checked up on work he has done on behalf of insurance companies. Meanwhile I am out of pocket by 200 on a door that I have insurance on that they should be sorting.

I am not happy with them already as they refused a claim last year on the door. The drain holes were cut too low and they didn't meet the drains so water was backing up and back into our house, causing damage. They said they refused it as their engineer they sent said it was down to blocked drains. This wasn't the case as the debris was removed and still the water didn't drain. Because they refused it I had to resort to drilling new drain holes where they should be and water shot out of the door for a while, proving it wasn't down to blocked drains.

I want to do a sar to get details of me and my policy I have with them as well as details of claims they have logged as I am really not happy with their service. Any ideas of what I put in the letter?

Edited by porkyp1g

Suggest a complaint in writing.

http://www.qanw.co.uk/pg-contactus.php

If you complaint has been outstanding for a while now, you are able to ask the FOS to intervene, if the Insurers have not resolved any complaint within 8 weeks. So tell QANW that you are fed up with them not dealing with your complaint situation properly and will ask the FOS to take over the complaint, if it is not resolved within say 14 days.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...
Suggest a complaint in writing.

http://www.qanw.co.uk/pg-contactus.php

If you complaint has been outstanding for a while now, you are able to ask the FOS to intervene, if the Insurers have not resolved any complaint within 8 weeks. So tell QANW that you are fed up with them not dealing with your complaint situation properly and will ask the FOS to take over the complaint, if it is not resolved within say 14 days.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

After all this waiting, they've rejected the claim. They reckon that the firm who fitted my windows and door only covered the frames and sealed units. Even though they knew from the outset that the problem was the locking mechanism on the door, they didn't indicate early on that it wouldn't be covered. They still asked for cause of defect from the repair man. He said that this is the first insurance company he has come across that have done this. After all this time, now they have decided it's not covered.

What I find odd is that they don't appear to have my paperwork to hand when you first contact them. They seem to want claim forms before the look into what is and what isn't covered.

Anyway, I have a document that said the company also guaranteed glass, LOCKING MECHANISMS and gaskets. I have sent this in along with an appeal letter, so I'm hoping this will be enough to convince them the faulty door lock is guaranteed and should be covered.

These warranty type companies seem to operate on the basis that they don't pay many claims. Expect another reply which point to another clause in the policy to say why the claim is still invalid. If they do that, they you will have to see if the FOS will take over the complaint for you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's like they are looking for anyway out of the claim possible. I think they reject many claims in the hope people will go away, and probably many do. They seem to want all my details of cover every time I claim, shouldn't they have all this to hand. One thing that makes me think they are clutching at straws is the fact that they didn't reject the claim as soon as they knew it was the locking mechanism.

The oburdsmen is the next option if they still try and wriggle out of it, but with the document clearly stating locking mechanisms are covered, it would be stupid of them to reject as if the oburdsmen gets involved, doesn't that mean they get charged by the ombursdmen?