toffeenut

Swinton insurance - I am not happy so far !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2340 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone advise please?

I changed my home insurance from company A to company B (swinton) in December 2012.

As the renewal had come up from company A,

I decided to look for a better quote and came up with company B.

Filled in forms gave them bank details and had policy at hand before old policy ended.

There was 2 weeks between one and the other ending and starting.

In those last 2 weeks we had a broken window and had to claim off policy A although it was due to end soon after

.Remember I had already filled in all the details with B and disclosed all there was at that time.

At renewal time with policy B I would have had to disclose the latest claim with policy A.

Started with policy B and all was well until I had to make a claim this week.

They said as I had not disclosed my last claim to them with policy A, they would not be able to pay out.

I feel this is unfair as I had already disclosed all to them at the time I took out the policy and did not realise I would have to until renewal.

I am not happy in the least about this.

I hid nothing from them at the time of taking out the policy.

Has anyone any advice please?

IMHO you should have told them

or atleast made the effort to make sure it was ok .

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Is that helpful advice?? If I knew I had to tell them I would have done!

We were in a very similar situation with our car insurance - other half had a speeding offence a week before renewal which we obviously didn't know about until after renewal so didn't disclose. The broker wanted to charge us extra because of it but when we complained direct to the insurer they changed their minds and agreed we were not obliged to disclose until the following renewal.

Write a formal complaint to the insurer and ask for a final response. If they won't budge then go to the Ombudsman.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.