Checkmyfile - EDF Debt - Debt Collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Please move my post if I am in the wrong section.

I left my last property and I had a big Electric/Gas bill outstanding for about £500. When I moved to new place, i agreed a payment plan with EDF but didn't follow it properly cos I thought i had set the STO but it wasnt correct. so after 2 months in January 2013 - they moved my debt to one of the Debt collection agency, which contacted me and I agreed a payment plan with them for over 10 months.

I have checked my report on CHECKMYFILE but there is nothing regarding EDF on it as yet

My questions are:

1) Even though it's passed onto debt agency and I've agreed a payment plan, can they still add this on my file?

2) Will they definitely add this on my file?

3) I asked Debt agency to send me a confirmation letter that we've agreed a payment plan and they refused to send me. they said we only do it if you agree by Direct Debit. Can I get in trouble and will this effect me later?

4) My Credit rating is pretty average but this will be the first time i will be defaulted and I am scared this default will effect me for years to come?

any advice or opinion on this please? I am really nervous about the whole situation.

Please help

thanks

Please note: I am not trying to avoid my debt, I am more then happy to pay it off in installments. Just worried about being defaulted.