• Tweets

• yep, there are 2 online versions of the process and whichever you use is quicker than post and you dont have to send a copy to the claimant then.
    • follow this you DONT send an SAR but a CPR    pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. .  register as an individual  note the long gateway number given  then log in .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked.  click thru to the end  confirm and exit MCOL. ..  get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] . no need to sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]
    • Ignore them for now, they have  likely been phishing and come up with the wrong Davey.  Keep an eye on your credit files. Others will be along with advice soon no doubt
    • Hello.  I have Shakespeare Martineau chasing me for a debt at the moment.  I have looked them up and can't find out much about them, has anyone here had experience in dealing with them?   The debt is for electricity from a previous property.  I had a DRO, they asked for a meter reading and I gave one.  They wrote down the wrong number, and didn't write off all the debt.  I have been in touch several times, and even asked for a recording of the call to prove they wrote down the wrong number, but they didn't have it recorded and refused to acknowledge the problem.    Now, it's a couple of years later and I have Shakespeare Martineau chasing me for the full amount.  I'm receiving ESA and waiting to hear from my PIP claim.  I have mental health problems and am also in a deficit each month.  My savings are going down to nothing as my rent is too high, but due to the DRO my options for rental are limited as I have bad credit.   Anyhow, I'm worried that Shakespeare Martineau will take me to court and I'll get another CCJ.  In the past, some debt recovery companies have offered payment plans and reduced settlements.  Do Shakespeare Martineau ever offer this?   I have written to them to complain about their tactics.  They have not taken my mental health condition into account.  They are bullying me asking for full payment or else action will be taken.  They have not taken my limited financial circumstances into account.  They have ignored me when I tell them I do not owe that amount.  Classic bullying tactics... what can I do?   Thanks.
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2305 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, we have recently purchased outright (no mortgage) our own property and we have some service charges that we havent quiblled..But there is outstanding debts from the previous owner.One is for roof repairs to the flat roof above dated march 2011 (which previous owner was in dispute with the council for). The council are saying we are liable for this work as the debt stays with the property.

Also there are.Est service charges for july - sept 2012....

We did not complete all paperwork untill january...

My question is are we liable for a debt as old as march 2011 which the previous owner still lived here for at least another year untill march 2012...?.....

Thanks for any help...

Nope. None of your concern. :) The muppets at the council are probably pestering you as they know they cant track down the previous owner.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If you have purchased this property then your solicitor should have asked questions about disputes and unpaid bills and any arrears should have been deducted from the monies paid to the previous owner/occupier when you purchased, so that you got the property debt free. Go back to your conveyancing solicitor and ask what this is all about and get them to sort it out, that is what you paid them to do! If there is a debt which you are now liable for (I am not saying that you are) and they have missed it, then you have a claim against your solicitor!