Bumbler111

I have a date with the Sherrif Court

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2730 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi folks, I've posted here before about my tales of woe, but need a bit of advice again.

Having built up a lot of debt through credit cards, I finally hit 'tilt' last year. I finally got in touch with CAB, and after over a decade of paying the cards like a good soldier, I stopped payments (just didn't have the money).

I am self employed and have had to move onto part time working about 3 years ago because of my hubbies health. I also have to admit to 'bumping' 2 cards because there just wasn't enough money to go round.

Anyhoo, strangely, I didn't get much if any contact from these cards up until January when solicitors contacted me. This has now escalated to a summons to the Sherrif Court in a couple of weeks. Now CAB are going to contact them to ask for a copy of the paperwork they may have. I have to do this as my hubby sufferes from serious depression and 3 years ago flung out a LOT of stuff, including the paperwork for these cards.

Now, while CAB are contacting the solicitors, should I contact the Court and tell them I have no paperwork and am awaiting copies. Also should I go ahead and request cca's for all of my debt? On CAB advice, I am sending £1 to all other debtors, all of which have cashed the cheques, although not to the 2 cards as I had no details to send to. (Bit of a weak excuse, but it did me fine at thw time)

I really need some help here (or just reassurance), and I know CAB are really good, but I feel I need to be doing something myself.

Cab do not normally defend any court hearings. What are they actually going to do?

They normally just help you fill in the time to pay order

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Cab do not normally defend any court hearings. What are they actually going to do?

They normally just help you fill in the time to pay order

They are requesting copies of paperwork from the solicitors. I assume that they will just be filling in the time to pay order.

If the request halts the court case, then I will be pushing the cca side on my own. If the date has to go ahead, I will be appearing, and requesting (hopefully) a delay while I either read the copies fom the solicitor or Arrow/solicitors send me the documents.

Can I contact the sherriff court and ask or a delay until my paperwork appears? Never been to court, so no idea what I can or cannot do.

I would contact CAB and ask them what the intention is once they have obtained the paperwork, to be honest I cannot see the benefit of addressing one debt by means of Time to Pay as this will not solve the entire issue.

How much do you owe?

Do you own property or any other assets?

Do you have disposable income?

What is the date of the hearing?

It will not halt any court action as croc says filling in the time to pay order allows the decree to go ahead but with a court approved payment arrangement

If you can answers docs questions

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)